DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trump shooter flew drone over venue hours before attempted assassination

"It’s unclear how investigators learned about the drone flight but drones often leave electronic traces of their flight paths, and DJI may have had a record of the flight."

Which, given the CCP thing, DJI should take immense pleasure in witholding from them citing 'data security' ! ;)

"It’s unclear how investigators learned about the drone flight but drones often leave electronic traces of their flight paths, and DJI may have had a record of the flight."

Which, given the CCP thing, DJI should take immense pleasure in witholding from them citing 'data security' ! ;)
DJI only have a record IF the drone flyer chooses to share their flightdata with DJI.

Reactions: AMann
Of course it's well known that assassins planning their imminent missions ALWAYS obey NOTAMs like they do all the other drone laws, proving, once again, as has been evident right from the start to the rest of us, that all these needlessly convoluted barely justified punitive laws we all have to follow don't make the slightest bit of difference to actually detecting bad actors doing bad things with drones !

Of course it's well known that assassins planning their imminent missions ALWAYS obey NOTAMs like they do all the other drone laws, proving, once again, as has been evident right from the start to the rest of us, that all these needlessly convoluted barely justified punitive laws we all have to follow don't make the slightest bit of difference to actually detecting bad actors doing bad things with drones !
The NOTAM was only in effect for a 2 hour period.
If the drone flight reported actually happened, it could well have been outside that and not contravening the NOTAM.

Reactions: KB9Radio
I'm agreeing with the overall point you are making. This and other details like Remote ID aren't catching real criminals and stopping the bad guys; instead they are primarily used to catch law-abiding, innocent citizens making honest mistakes. I believe that more than even after hearing about the events that have unfolded here.

Reactions: AeroJ
This and other details like Remote ID aren't catching real criminals and stopping the bad guys; instead they are primarily used to catch law-abiding, innocent citizens making honest mistakes. I believe that more than even after hearing about the events that have unfolded here.
So how many flyers (of any description) are being caught or stopped due to RID?

Reactions: Torque
Maybe helped him plan the attack!?
Another headline brought to you by the Anti-Drone Party. I will bet they all had ear to ear grins when they found a DJI in his car. and speaking of car That probably helped a little in getting him there But inside he had a drone!! ALERT The Media!
The suspects own fathers warnings were ignored BUT He had a Drone!! Alert the Media!
If he overflew the Area hours before the Rally, That says nothing about the dangers of Drones And everything about the incompetence of that secret service detail.

So how many flyers (of any description) are being caught or stopped due to RID?
First we would have to infuse millions of dollars into the already taxed FAA Budget We shouldnt forget that when the FAA asked the various local police Depts if they would be willing to help enforce Drone regulation The Police basically told the FAA to do their own job!
SO I don't see any "Drone enforcement Squads" anytime in the near future!

One would think that the Secret Service would have realized the drones could be used for enhanced security and be using them at this type of events (even if they are made by DJI).

One would think that the Secret Service would have realized the drones could be used for enhanced security and be using them at this type of events (even if they are made by DJI).
Who seriously doubts that the world's premier security outfit doesn't know of drone capability, and utility..?

This was not a failure of the TFR, or RID. It was a failure of the Secret Service.

Only incompetent boobs at this point would NOT have RID and Aeroscope monitoring equipment, manned and actively monitored hours before and during the event.

A man lost his life. A presidential candidate was almost assassinated. This is not bean bag, folks.

Why are the US Secret Keystone Kops Service dicking around like this is some primary school playground game of Mission Impossible? I get to play Mr. Phelps!

This is the sort of thing I support RID for.

This was not a failure of the TFR, or RID. It was a failure of the Secret Service.

Only incompetent boobs at this point would NOT have RID and Aeroscope monitoring equipment, manned and actively monitored hours before and during the event.

A man lost his life. A presidential candidate was almost assassinated. This is not bean bag, folks.

Why are the US Secret Keystone Kops Service dicking around like this is some primary school playground game of Mission Impossible? I get to play Mr. Phelps!

This is the sort of thing I support RID for.

RID is definitely not going to help for monitoring people doing nefarious things with drones. As far as finding someone by using RID, remember that it only works on newer drones and on the older models that DJI and others published an update for and the compliant and responsible owner elects to either do an update or use an external RID beacon whenever they are flying. Also, it takes days to set up an event like that, are they really going to keep someone in the area all that time just monitoring for drones?

It could have also been something as simple as looking at the photos that he took over the venue that would’ve told the authorities that he flew over the site earlier that day.

Since the Secret Service ( tweetle-dee ) let his twin Brother Congress ( tweedle-dum ) Take their equipment away they had to stop thinking. . I think they are all busy playing politics at the moment. How would it look to all those congressmen If it was a DJI that saved the Day. Now the best part:
It is starting to look like the Secret service and other life saving Dept's just may get to keep their DJI's......For a Huge and hefty Tariff - How about that! The Government is grounding its own drones until they can find a way to charge themselves to use them! excuse me while I go bang my head against a wall.......Stay tuned. and Hey Government how does your own tail taste?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helivideo