DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying to SYNC with AirData, DroneLogBook, Kittyhawk.....seems they logs from DJI are corrupted.

Matt M PA

Reactions
This is beyond frustrating. I have had a number of flights import into DroneLogBook or AirData that show no data...despite being corrected shown on the DJI Fly app. Kittyhawk has been stuck at "queued" for weeks. Update-Kittyhawk is working on improving their DJI Importer. No ETA yet.

I have been in contact with all of them and Drone Logbook seems to be the only one interested in fixing the concern. They believe its a software issue with DJI. If I import the flights from the Fly app into DroneLogBook, they seem OK.

I expect there's something wacky with DJI. Whom I have also contacted and heard nothing. Now there's a surprise. With their great products, their apparently lack of customer service is amazing. I chatted with DJI on-line. They suggested ending an email about exporting flight data. They also suggested restarting the app and trying another device. We'll see what the email says, but I'm expecting nothing.

It causes me concern as one from yesterday show me flying correctly in the area....and then going way off in an area that I didn't even drive by on my way to where I actually was flying.

Now a bit off topic....I love this little Mini. It's a great piece of kit. I also use a DJI Ronin-S for my work. I found with the Ronin that customer support from DJI is worthless. On the Mini, it seems the same. I'm getting ready to upgrade the drone..maybe I'll look at Autel this time.

Anyhow..back on topic. Would anyone have a thought as to why the flight data is correct in the app, but not in the logs DJI syncs with these services?

Last edited:
This is beyond frustrating. I have had a number of flights import into DroneLogBook or AirData that show no data...despite being corrected shown on the DJI Fly app. Kittyhawk has been stuck at "queued" for weeks. Update-Kittyhawk is working on improving their DJI Importer. No ETA yet.

I have been in contact with all of them and Drone Logbook seems to be the only one interested in fixing the concern. They believe its a software issue with DJI. If I import the flights from the Fly app into DroneLogBook, they seem OK.

I expect there's something wacky with DJI. Whom I have also contacted and heard nothing. Now there's a surprise. With their great products, their apparently lack of customer service is amazing. I chatted with DJI on-line. They suggested ending an email about exporting flight data. They also suggested restarting the app and trying another device. We'll see what the email says, but I'm expecting nothing.

It causes me concern as one from yesterday show me flying correctly in the area....and then going way off in an area that I didn't even drive by on my way to where I actually was flying.

Now a bit off topic....I love this little Mini. It's a great piece of kit. I also use a DJI Ronin-S for my work. I found with the Ronin that customer support from DJI is worthless. On the Mini, it seems the same. I'm getting ready to upgrade the drone..maybe I'll look at Autel this time.

Anyhow..back on topic. Would anyone have a thought as to why the flight data is correct in the app, but not in the logs DJI syncs with these services?
Hi Matt,

This is a known DJI Fly App problem with a workaround from Airdata UAV. Try reading this in its entirety...

Airdata - Cropped Flights

That's very interesting, thanks LoganAir! I will try that.

I can report that all flights appear in the Fly App, and when manually imported to DroneLogbook for example...they're accurate.

When they automatically "sync" into AirData or DroneLogbook....sometimes they have no data (onAirData) or listed as "grounded" in Drone Logbook. Kittyhawk simply doesn't import at all.

As I mentioned above, I had 2 recents flights that imported with data that my flights started in areas that I wasn't in ....

Thanks again..going to try your solution...

Reactions: LoganAir
That's very interesting, thanks LoganAir! I will try that.

I can report that all flights appear in the Fly App, and when manually imported to DroneLogbook for example...they're accurate.

When they automatically "sync" into AirData or DroneLogbook....sometimes they have no data (onAirData) or listed as "grounded" in Drone Logbook. Kittyhawk simply doesn't import at all.

As I mentioned above, I had 2 recents flights that imported with data that my flights started in areas that I wasn't in ....

Thanks again..going to try your solution...
Good deal, hope it solves the problem, Matt. It worked great for me and for the flights already missing, just went into my iPhone Fly folder and manually uploaded those log files to replace the corrupt data files. Looks like everything balances correctly for me now. Just have to remember to turn off the auto-sync function before flying and flip it back on again when you're ready to upload. Hope DJI and Airdata can get this fixed in the near future.

Regards,

John

Good deal, hope it solves the problem, Matt. It worked great for me and for the flights already missing, just went into my iPhone Fly folder and manually uploaded those log files to replace the corrupt data files. Looks like everything balances correctly for me now. Just have to remember to turn off the auto-sync function before flying and flip it back on again when you're ready to upload. Hope DJI and Airdata can get this fixed in the near future.

Regards,

John
Remembering to turn off auto sync before you fly is the biggest issue. If you don’t, the files are corrupt in Airdata.

Well, I tried it...but I'm still getting errors when I sync the data.

The flights playback fine in the app....but are messed up when viewed in any of the DroneLogBook, AirData, etc. Shows an erratic starting point.

I just put this in another post that went this way...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne