DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Turbine

FlushVision

Reactions
Second time out with the Mini 3 Pro RC. Still getting used to it and have improved on the video quality above my last dismal effort. At one stage in the flight I wanted to do a POI but decided against it opting to fly around the turbine manually. This was also a range test. I know the turbine was roughly 1000M away from my home point and if I managed to get to the turbine I would be happy, and I did (In the UK there is some debate on range issues). The distance I took the aircraft is a one-off and won't be done again. I'm usually a VLOS pilot and am not comfortable at distance.

Shot in 4K at 30fps. EV at +0.3. Very overcast and had recently stopped raining.

Nice video

Good little video. I like the pub by the lake. Looks like a nice place for a pint. I've seen several windmill videos and that's the first one I've seen where it looks like a lot of lubrication on the pivot point at the top has leaked out on to the vertical shaft holding the windmill in place. Huh.

Good little video. I like the pub by the lake. Looks like a nice place for a pint. I've seen several windmill videos and that's the first one I've seen where it looks like a lot of lubrication on the pivot point at the top has leaked out on to the vertical shaft holding the windmill in place. Huh.
Thanks.

The only reason I flew around that turbine was that is was almost exactly one kilometre away from my home point so it was a good touchstone. It's the first (and last) time I'd flew around a turbine so I've no experience of others with that sort of lubrication issue if that what it was. The pub is called 'Owd Betts', a famous (for the area) watering hole and I believe a good pint can be had there. It's not my local, though, it being just over 8 miles away from where I live as the crow flies.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas