DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two afternoons, two sunsets, and plenty of Swifts.

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94047

I finally got around to editing the footage from two afternoons I spent around my favourite droning location. This is my longest edited video to date and I know should probably have cut some of the segments short; but I wanted to try a longer edit this time. If you watch it to the end, thank you for your patience :). Also, I learned that editing stills (RAWs) is much easier than editing video when it comes to sunsets. I don't want to say how many color corrections I went through and then discarded and began from scratch again. I think the first sunset segment (starting 00:30) turned out OK but the second one (starting 3:50) was a pian to edit and I don't think I have managed to get it to look as good as it could have. Any comments, tips, advice is always appreciated. Thanks for watching!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for sharing and here's my comments.

1) The two quick takeoff sequences at the beginning are out of place.
2) Those clips that do not have smooth movements/captures ought to be edited out or redone.
3) Clips were you isolating one subject/location {EX: The boat. Ending sequence.} I feel where too long or repetitive.
4) Try using more variety of shooting techniques/angles.

Again, thanks for taking the time to provide this video and asking for feedback.

I finally got around to editing the footage from two afternoons I spent around my favourite droning location. This is my longest edited video to date and I know should probably have cut some of the segments short; but I wanted to try a longer edit this time. If you watch it to the end, thank you for your patience :). Also, I learned that editing stills (RAWs) is much easier than editing video when it comes to sunsets. I don't want to say how many color corrections I went through and then discarded and began from scratch again. I think the first sunset segment (starting 00:30) turned out OK but the second one (starting 3:50) was a pian to edit and I don't think I have managed to get it to look as good as it could have. Any comments, tips, advice is always appreciated. Thanks for watching!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I liked most of it, tho a bit long. I advise against too much tweaking and tuning during any editing. Allow the viewer to see what your eyes actually saw instead of trying to make it look 'better' than the raw footage. A harsh flash of sunset light should be a harsh flash of sunset light, not a softened or polarized edition... Be natural. Edit only for content, not for video effects... unless being artistic. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PolKrestof