DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two birds, one controller

stonecherub

Reactions
I have two Mavic-Pros and one controller. After I linked the second bird to the controller, I can no longer connect to the first. Is it possible to have two different drones linked to the same controller? Or will I need to link every time I use the spare?

Is it possible to have two different drones linked to the same controller?
No. You'll need to relink each time you want to fly a different drone.

I thought it was obvious. I don’t think dji wants users to try to control 2 drones at the same time with 1 controller. That’s a crash waiting to happen.

Reactions: Inspirephil
That’s a BIG NO!! Each bird is linked to a specific remote and cannot be used for a different aircraft let alone for 2.

Asked and answered. I suspected that to be true but did not know for sure so I asked. Thanks to all who replied.

When i put a trip together, it is non-trivial. My first trip of the field season ended abruptly when the drone refused to come down under power but followed the will of gravity when the battery was drained. No Mavic, no pictures, so I bought a spare. Linking it can be done in the calm of camp, it's no big deal.

Reactions: Inspirephil
I understand the risks of attempting to fly two birds with one controller but wondering if I understood correctly that the M2P will be able to link to two controllers (1 for drone and 1 for camera I guess). If that’s the case has that been enabled yet and if so how please. Thanks

I understand the risks of attempting to fly two birds with one controller but wondering if I understood correctly that the M2P will be able to link to two controllers (1 for drone and 1 for camera I guess). If that’s the case has that been enabled yet and if so how please. Thanks
As far as I know the Inspire series is the only ones that allow you to use the master/slave remote control option. Hopefully DJI will come out with the option for the Mavic 2 series soon. I might be mistaken but that’s what I know about it at this time.
And when I use 2 remotes I always, always have another person operating the slave remote control for the camera settings, etc. It’s a great way to get pictures and videos without having to worry about all your camera settings, etc. and allows me to fully concentrate on just flying the drone itself.

The Mavic Pro 1 also allows it.

The FAQ for the M2 says it will come "at some point" so knowing DJI it could be in 2 weeks, 1 year or never.

Reactions: NH Phantom
Is that right, the Mavic pro 1 will let you use one controler to fly the air craft anf the other one to control the camera. I that is so where can i find the info on how to do that.

Yes, but the only movement the camera guy can do is tilt the camera up/down obviously. He's got all the camera settings and ckntrols though.

Just link the 2nd remote and select secondary.

As far as I know the Inspire series is the only ones that allow you to use the master/slave remote control option. Hopefully DJI will come out with the option for the Mavic 2 series soon. I might be mistaken but that’s what I know about it at this time.
And when I use 2 remotes I always, always have another person operating the slave remote control for the camera settings, etc. It’s a great way to get pictures and videos without having to worry about all your camera settings, etc. and allows me to fully concentrate on just flying the drone itself.
Thanks, it’s not the first time I’ve gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick. Just thought I’d give it a go before I sell my old MP. We can see what happens in future updates I guess.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d