DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Type of charging port on MM Controller

jasonpurv

Reactions
Mine is on the way. And I read that some people had problems with charging port on controller getting loose etc.
I wanted to order magnetic cable for it where the tips can stay in controller. So just wondering what is the type of charging port? Screenshot_20191130-101020_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

This is so cool and brilliant idea I almost got 2 sets, but then I realized it might not worry. While awesome for charging, you will still need to unplug to connect your phone\tablet for flying, They would need also short micro USB to lightning. But you could get one for the battery pack and an extra tip for the drone itself if you charge batt in the drone.

I'm thinking about getting this cable:

So stock flying micro USB to lightning will be always in the controller because it can be packed nicely and then I will just use that cable plus one above to connect to charge.

Reactions: jasonpurv
Might not want those magnets near those Hall effect gimbals.

Do these cables also transfer the USB data lines? They look like they may only be for power delivery?

The RC is a micro-sd. If you look just to the right of the port there is a little cast in the plastic showing the correct side up. Since the MPro many people have ruined their port by mashing it in up-side-down.

The actual formfactor of the port is USB micro-A which is also compatible with micro-B that we're more familiar with.

You won't be able to use the included short cable with the magnetic couplers as those are micro-A plugs wired as OTG, where OTG is A mode. You can use a custom micro-b OTG cable or adapter though, as long as the coupler doesn't manage to interfere with the stick position sensors.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329