DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV Forecast seem pretty off today in terms of wind speed..

any alternate app? Windy seem okay, but the elevation selection gap is too huge.
It's a forecast, that's the thing about forecasts.
They aren't always accurate.
They are vague and approximate and not tailored for the exact place you are flying and at the time you are flying.
Use any forecast as just a starting point for your flight planning and confirm actual wind conditions for yourself.

I also use Ventusky.
There is an app (with small once of cost), but I just use the website page which is free
Mostly I use it at home when planning a trip and also look at other weather conditions.

It's a forecast, that's the thing about forecasts.
They aren't always accurate.
They are vague and approximate and not tailored for the exact place you are flying and at the time you are flying.
Use any forecast as just a starting point for your flight planning and confirm actual wind conditions for yourself.
the problem is, comparing like 5 different forecast information, the rest are so close to each other while UAV’s is waaaaaay off.

I also use Ventusky.
There is an app (with small once of cost), but I just use the website page which is free
Mostly I use it at home when planning a trip and also look at other weather conditions.

thanks! this one is pretty sleek.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
the problem is, comparing like 5 different forecast information, the rest are so close to each other while UAV’s is waaaaaay off.
It's all going to depend on the data they are using.
But none of them are using data from right where and when you are wanting to fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31