DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV Forecast-no such thing as a free lunch!!

twickers14

Reactions
Must have missed the standard email “Due to rising costs we have decided to start charging for something we have provided free etc etc……”. When I turned on the UAV Forecast app this morning I was greeted with just 3 hours of forecast instead of 24hours. So they have provided a great service for free ever since I have droned but to drop the service to 3 hours without a warning is not great service. OK £6.99 for 12 months is pretty good but it would have been nice if they had bothered to let us know in advance. Perhaps they did and anyway I will probably sign up for a year anyway. Hey ho!

If you sign up for a membership here (Mavic Pilots), you get a year of AirData HD360lite for free that has the same information and much more. Also, you help support this forum for a little bit out of your pocket.

Attachments

• IMG_4419.png
    IMG_4419.png
    480.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4420.png
    IMG_4420.png
    7 MB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:
i still have the App on my phone ,but to be really honest ,its not something i use any more
i did use it a lot in my early drone flying days until i realised that its accuracy was at best sketchy,
now is peruse the weather forecasts, both local ,and for destinations i might be wanting to go to fly at some distance away,

i still have the App on my phone ,but to be really honest ,its not something i use any more
i did use it a lot in my early drone flying days until i realised that its accuracy was at best sketchy,
now is peruse the weather forecasts, both local ,and for destinations i might be wanting to go to fly at some distance away,
Agree. I tend to look at it for a quick check but use my judgement at flying point. You travel more than I do to fly.

If you sign up for a membership here, you get a year of AirData HD360lite for free that has the same information and much more.

Thanks will have a look at it.

I've actually been not to happy with UAV Forecast myself. Where I live the weather changes so fast during certain times of the year that the app is useless. I've had it tell me that two days from now it was going to be too windy to fly but then the morning of that day it says it's perfectly calm and a perfect day to fly. Just the opposite happens as well on a very regular basis. You're better off learning to read NWS maps (in the US) and pulling a weather forecast app down for free. Anything more than a couple days ahead here is useless anyway.

I probably should have been more clear and fixed the original post to eliminate confusion. I meant this forum “Mavic Pilots”, not the linked site.
Oh. Thanks for that. I have been a member for 4 years and didn’t know. Where do I go to get it?

That explains that. If there was a notification, I didn't see it. I don't do a lot of flying but who knows what the future will bring. I do subscribe to aviation services so I can do my research through that. It's not as easy as UAV forecast was though.

Well, not having any insight into their financials, I can't say if they're being greedy, or have a revenue problem due to the current inflationary, low-growth economy.

My bet's on the latter, so users are really faced with paying to keep having this service or having it fold, and not having it at all.

There's probably too many cheapskates just using the free version and nobody paying for it.

Oh. Thanks for that. I have been a member for 4 years and didn’t know. Where do I go to get it?
I did not know any of this perks when I signed up. See Cassidy’s email she sent me after I signed up for the monthly membership. They will send you a cool decal for free (including shipping) too.

“”Dear CireTX,

Thank you for upgrading your account to Monthly Premium and supporting the community.

You can order your free MavicPilots decal using the link below with the promo coupon code ********* at checkout.

Aerial-Pixel - Vinyl Graphics, Apparel, 3D Printing

Products by drone pilots for drone pilots. In 2013 we started Aerial-Pixel as a drone photography and videography service. Since then we have grown to also provide vinyl graphics, apparel and 3D printed products for the drone industry.
www.aerial-pixel.com

You can also find all the vendor discounts and freebies for premium members in the discussion area located here...

Premium Vendor Freebies & Discounts

mavicpilots.com
mavicpilots.com

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding your premium upgrade.

Thanks again!

Cassidy
MavicPilots.com””

@CireTX ,not to sure if C would like to be called she ,but he is in fact very much a Man ,or was it maybe a typo error

I did not know any of this perks when I signed up. See Cassidy’s email he sent me after I signed up for the monthly membership. They will send you a cool decal for free (including shipping) too.

“”Dear CireTX,

Thank you for upgrading your account to Monthly Premium and supporting the community.

You can order your free MavicPilots decal using the link below with the promo coupon code ********* at checkout.

Aerial-Pixel - Vinyl Graphics, Apparel, 3D Printing

Products by drone pilots for drone pilots. In 2013 we started Aerial-Pixel as a drone photography and videography service. Since then we have grown to also provide vinyl graphics, apparel and 3D printed products for the drone industry.
www.aerial-pixel.com

You can also find all the vendor discounts and freebies for premium members in the discussion area located here...

Premium Vendor Freebies & Discounts

mavicpilots.com
mavicpilots.com

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding your premium upgrade.

Thanks again!

Cassidy
MavicPilots.com””

I think UAV is the best program when trying to get the weather overall. I did buy the yearly subscription. I like to support our programmers and companies that create these great programs.

Reactions: dozzn
I've been using UAV forecast since 2015 as my go-to weather forecasting tool. I remember that in the early days you got the 7 day forecast for free, then a few years ago it went down to just the 24 hour forecast. But when it went down to just 3 hours that was no good to me so I took out a year's subscription to go back to a 7 day forecast. However, anything more than just a couple of days is actually pretty useless since the accuracy goes off, which is understandable in any weather forecasting app.

In addition to going down to just 3 hours, it now does not seem to work on the RC Pro as it now needs the Play Store for verification. The free version used to work perfectly on the RC Pro. So even if I did get a paid subscription to the service, I would not be able to use it on my RC Pro unless I hacked it to run the Play Store which I am not willing to do. One less reason to ever want to upgrade to the subscription version.

Chris

I looked at UAV Forecast and AirData UAV and decided that AirData UAV overall is a better option for me. I like that it has the weather forecast and with the the HD 360 Gold package it has your drones and batteries management and maintenance and also batteries trends.

For me it's a better value and I do like all the additional data you get from AirData UAV. If UAV Forecast was a littler cheaper, I would also get it as a backup.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne