DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAVAir Course

Cineman

Reactions
I just completed the "crash course" (not a good title!) with UAVAir - 2 Days of Classroom followed by a morning Flight Test. It was conducted at Exeter Racecourse. The standard of the course and the 2 tutors was absolutely brilliant: luckily I was not having to pay myself, but whatever the charges were, I can't fault the whole process.. Their online materials are fantastic and after 2 weeks of intensive study, and around 10 hours of flying my new Mavic, I am happy to say I now have a PL to fly craft under 7kg. As I am 69 years old, I am happy about this - the first new qualification I have had in a while..

There is an irony to the fact that in 1965 at the age of 17, I won a scholarship and learned to fly in a Cessna. I went solo after 6 hours (!) and was granted my license after 22 hours of flying - solo and with an instructor. To fly a drone I had to do a lot more hours than that, and fill in a lot more paperwork!

So what is the difference between the first day when I crashed the Mavic twice (before the course) and now - 11 days later? Drone flyers are Pilots, your craft is in the air - it is expensive, dangerous and a potential bomb. So please take your flying seriously, and go do a course and become a recognised Pilot.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+