DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

Inside the DJI Fly apk, there is a file called "dk_fragment_gps_mock.xml".
What happens if I change the value "enabled" to "disabled"? ?
Probably nothing. The main script checks if the mock gps setting is turned on.

And i have tried something with it.

I managed to set a fake gps without using the mock section, so the app thinks it is my real gps.

Problem still is, drone decides fcc or ce, not the phone... Argh

I think there needs to be some parameter hacking but i am unsure if that is even possible.

Would be great if all the people who want this android trick try and help me. See previous page with instruction. So far only @Ubimo did it.
Sorry I've been lurking as I've been too busy with work recently. And my apologies again as I'm actually in FCC region at the moment.

@Gleno0h and myself have reverse engineered the hack that is used, and completely rewritten it.
For the first time this can now be used and you can be 100% sure that there is nothing malicious happening.
It's highly recommended to use this rather than other versions that are floating about (which quite honestly were using very badly written code).

Now we know the ins and outs of it, applying it to later DJI Fly versions is relatively simple (as long as DJI don't change too much), and considering v1.1.4 just came out for Android that will probably be quite soon... and adding further functionality isn't out of the question,.

Last edited:
@Gleno0h and myself have reverse engineered the hack that is used, and completely rewritten it.
For the first time this can now be used and you can be 100% sure that there is nothing malicious happening.
It's highly recommended to use this rather than other versions that are floating about (which quite honestly were using very badly written code).

Now we know the ins and outs of it, applying it to later DJI Fly versions is relatively simple, and adding further functionality isn't out of the question,.
Also on a side note, this code is also obfuscated to hopefully prevent DJI from patching it, as the code displays relevant parameters.

Reactions: gb160
On another side note, if anyone is jailbroken and wants a quick guide of how to install this without having to use a computer or resigning it every 7 days, ping me a PM and I'll post it, I won't clutter up this thread with it.

FCC mode doesn't work, the Geolocation hack is long time gone, why this whole conversation even continues.
You are all swallowing placebo thinking the FCC improves something, lol, it's not. It's not even triggered even if you think your screen shows it actually is.

Buy yourself a field emission detector and you will see yourself that FCC hack what so called is a 100% bollocks.
Same applies for mini same applies for mavic air 2.

• Haha
Reactions: gb160
FCC mode doesn't work, the Geolocation hack is long time gone, why this whole conversation even continues.
You are all swallowing placebo thinking the FCC improves something, lol, it's not. It's not even triggered even if you think your screen shows it actually is.

Buy yourself a field emission detector and you will see yourself that FCC hack what so called is a 100% bollocks.

Well, I don’t wanna speak for the Air 2 as I didn’t personally tested it yet, but as far as the Mini is concerned, you’re way off. I’m using the FCC model Mini in a CE country and the difference with and without the fake gps hack is huge. There are even videos on YouTube testing this using the emission detectors you mentioned.

I do understand that you would like to present your information to us , but why there is the need of arrogance in it ?

Well, I don’t wanna speak for the Air 2 as I didn’t personally tested it yet, but as far as the Mini is concerned, you’re way off. I’m using the FCC model Mini in a CE country and the difference with and without the fake gps hack is huge. There are even videos on YouTube testing this using the emission detectors you mentioned.

you mean this one?

you mean this one?

No, this one uses a CE mini, which only gets a small increase in the 5.8ghz band and nothing extra in the 2.4ghz band (aka the long range one). Here’s a screenshot I saved from that video after doing all the range tests in all possible combinations for both models of the mini (fcc model with fcc hack got 3800m eventually)

1cafefe1da5ccecb55c1646a346d9875.jpg

Transmission power (skip to about 9:10 for results):

@Ice_2k ahh allrighty mate, I've got your point here. Yes you are right.
The problem is you can get in EU only the MR1SD25 version which is far subpar in that regard.
I've got MR1SD25 myself and it was impossible to trigger remote into the 30DB FCC Range, nowhere near.

Yes, if you have one for US - bob's your uncle. You are all set. Otherwise you are rather out of options if you are MR1SD25.

The problem is you can get in EU only the MR1SD25 version which is far subpar in that regard.
I've got MR1SD25 myself and it was impossible to trigger remote into the 30DB FCC Range, nowhere near.

Yes, if you have one for US - bob's your uncle. You are all set. Otherwise you are rather out of options if you are MR1SD25.

Yup. I went through a lot of trouble to get it from NY, just for this reason.

Reactions: gb160 and Shewie007

Now we know the ins and outs of it, applying it to later DJI Fly versions is relatively simple, and adding further functionality isn't out of the question,.
@gb160 and @Gleno0h
many thanks guys for your efforts, really appreciated!

Thats for mavic mini which has 2 hardware versions, and combining with 2 possible sw hacks ("FCC Hack" or CE), results in 4 different outcomes, then multiply by 2 types of RF bands for CE models and 1 RF for FCC model(5.8G vs 2.4G) completely results in 6 different possible outcomes in terms of transmission range and quality.

For Mavic Air 2 there are 4 different outcomes from 2 SW settings (CE vs FCC) and 2 bands.

Not to mention the plethora of tests we have done in this thread in pages prior.

Amazing, but haven't seen any RF numbers but results mostly based on a gut feeling.
I can make the same flight within same hour and have completely different numbers on my range due to a PLETHORA of reasons and factors that are influencing the actual range.

gut feeling and skewed numbers flight to flight are not the factors that should be considered as credible.

Amazing, but haven't seen any RF numbers but results mostly based on a gut feeling.
I can make the same flight within same hour and have completely different numbers on my range due to a PLETHORA of reasons and factors that are influencing the actual range.

gut feeling and skewed numbers flight to flight are not the factors that should be considered as credible.
R u talking about Mavic Mini or Mavic Air 2?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming