DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

After reading that Malaysia is FCC mode for the mavic air2 I decided to test it in Singapore. So it's FCC mode too. I have the Auto and manual channels option. When i use fake gps to set it to France or Germany, the manual option disappears. Then when I go outside to get satellites it switches. I get the Auto / manual option back. I can't confirm its fcc but the earlier posts seem to suggest that it is. Faking the location to US (without gps) gets the auto / manual option too.

I thought to tell whether one is in FCC mode is to see whether the 1km line is above or below -90 dbm mark (iOS)? Mine is below so should be CE mode though I have the Auto/Manual channel mode option.

I thought to tell whether one is in FCC mode is to see whether the 1km line is above or below -90 dbm mark (iOS)? Mine is below so should be CE mode though I have the Auto/Manual channel mode option.
You are right. Read the line for iOS and in Android see the level of the 1km text. Both above -90dbm, ~87dbm for fcc and below 90dbm for CE. My test sometime back in this same thread faked location for Singapore and it is in CE mode, unfortunately. Get FCC with the hack app from our resident in house Guru, @gb160

I'm using Android so the line is always the same, exactly on the -90 mark. The 1km text too. I guess without signal measuring tools I wouldn't be able to be sure. Have you used the hacked app and seen a difference in the line position?

Last edited:
You are right. Read the line for iOS and in Android see the level of the 1km text. Both above -90dbm, ~87dbm for fcc and below 90dbm for CE. My test sometime back in this same thread faked location for Singapore and it is in CE mode, unfortunately. Get FCC with the hack app from our resident in house Guru, @gb160
So I was happy for nothing. Just waiting for someone to hack the android app then. I dont use ios so that's too bad for me. ☹️

Reactions: magman
its not overly expensive to get a used ios device dedicated for flying...maybe you can consider that.
I should consider it. The android fly app crashed on me several times already. It just went black screen and auto loaded up again and re-connected. But it's not fun when that happens.

Thing is, DJI allowed FCC mode in Hong Kong using the official 1.1.5 app. I remember some Malaysian users in this forum also mentioned they are in FCC mode. Unfortunately, there are some who remained CE mode even though they have the latest firmware and app, me included.

Thing is, DJI allowed FCC mode in Hong Kong using the official 1.1.5 app. I remember some Malaysian users in this forum also mentioned they are in FCC mode. Unfortunately, there are some who remained CE mode even though they have the latest firmware and app, me included.
So it's very confusing. Not sure who's in CE and who's in FCC mode.
But I do get the manual or auto 2.4 and 5.8 option buttons activated.

If you are using official DJI app, there is no instance of some users in a certain country being in FCC and others being in CE. Your information is erroneous, I’m afraid. It’s not confusing at all. HK is was CE. I faked the GPS and tested it myself in iOS and Android. They both similarly have low transmission power. Please just ignore the auto and dual band option as that one is really fly app bug, especially in various versions of the fly app. Malaysia is in FCC, Singapore is in CE.

Last edited:
If you are using official DJI app, there is no instance of some users in a certain country being in FCC and others being in CE. Your information is erroneous, I’m afraid. It’s not confusing at all. HK is CE. I faked the GPS and tested it myself in iOS and Android. They both similarly have low transmission power. Please just ignore the auto and dual band option as that one is really fly app bug, especially in various versions of the fly app. Malaysia is in FCC, Singapore is in CE.

I am not sure how it works but someone in HK wrote to DJI and there was official reply from DJI that they turn on FCC for Mavic Air 2 and Mavic 2.
If you can read Chinese dji-回應訴求-香港區終於改行fcc

I am not sure how it works but someone in HK wrote to DJI and there was official reply from DJI that they turn on FCC for Mavic Air 2 and Mavic 2.
If you can read Chinese dji-回應訴求-香港區終於改行fcc
Its very interesting. But this is due to HK regulations being actually allowing FCC levels of transmission. That is the same in Malaysia, where latest regulations by the Malaysian multimedia commission that governs RF spectrum usage has actually allowed FCC levels of transmission for some time. Last time I checked, singapore is still having 100mW limits in both 2.4 and 5.8g which is the "CE Levels"

so that means even if you manage to ask dji to review their transmission plans it will not be change.

Its very interesting. But this is due to HK regulations being actually allowing FCC levels of transmission. That is the same in Malaysia, where latest regulations by the Malaysian multimedia commission that governs RF spectrum usage has actually allowed FCC levels of transmission for some time. Last time I checked, singapore is still having 100mW limits in both 2.4 and 5.8g which is the "CE Levels"

so that means even if you manage to ask dji to review their transmission plans it will not be change.

when did Malaysia allowed FCC? last I remember they only sell CE Mavic Mini.

its not whether DJI "sells" CE or FCC hardware, its how much radiated power of RF that the local governments allow. In malaysia refer:

you can see that 500mW for 2.4G (26dBm) and 1W (30dBm) for 5.8G is allowed. take note that an "FCC Level" drone by DJI spec is 26dbm, so it is perfectly ok for it to transmit at FCC levels in malaysia, and in HK. In Singapore, my earlier link shows various limits that you can refer. My guess is DJI interprets 100mW and thus set it to CE levels

its not whether DJI "sells" CE or FCC hardware, its how much radiated power of RF that the local governments allow. In malaysia refer:

you can see that 500mW for 2.4G (26dBm) and 1W (30dBm) for 5.8G is allowed. take note that an "FCC Level" drone by DJI spec is 26dbm, so it is perfectly ok for it to transmit at FCC levels in malaysia, and in HK. In Singapore, my earlier link shows various limits that you can refer. My guess is DJI interprets 100mW and thus set it to CE levels

So I downloaded the 1.1.2 app and spoofed the location to USA in my house without gps. In the version 1.1.2 app it does show the 1km text being displayed above the line.
Then I walked outside and it accquired satellites. The mode changed and the 1km text jumped back next to the line.

So I confirm Singapore is in CE mode. ?

The 1.1.5 app does not show the change even in CE or FCC mode.

Singapore is in CE, no doubt. it will only change if your country regulations change, and you petition DJI like hell to follow it like the brave Hong Kongers...

Singapore is in CE, no doubt. it will only change if your country regulations change, and you petition DJI like hell to follow it like the brave Hong Kongers...
Once when the borders open I will go to Malaysia to fly then. Anyway far too many NFZ in a small place.

Reactions: lee82gx
most welcome! come and feel the power of FCC! i wonder was the singapore straits drug runner on fcc or ce lol
Mid flight switch to FCC then can go further. Hahaha!

Hi Guys

I bought an iphone 6s Plus, I installed the MOD Dji Fly App FCC
without jailbreak, with program altsigner

My iphone has no internet access (ios 13.3.2)
FCC worked, but after two weeks is the app off ????????????????

Last edited:
Hi Guys

I bought an iphone 6s Plus, I installed the MOD Dji Fly App FCC
without jailbreak, with program altsigner

My iphone has no internet access (ios 13.3.2)
FCC worked, but after two weeks is the app off ????????????????
Where was the app from?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat