DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK ruling - How close to building under my control?

deltamike

Reactions
To save me trawling through the UK regs, how close can I legally fly to a structure under my control?

Thanks

Sorry, for clarity, do you mean the structure is under your control?
Edit
Also are there bystanders not under your control etc. etc.?
Any other buildings nearby and are they under your control?
I am not being awkward, it just seems an odd question that makes me wonder what are the circumstances of the flight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that is correct.

Last edited:
The flight is to shoot some stills of a railway viaduct to see if the brickwork has no cracks or damage to the brickwork.

No people or other buildings in the vicinity.

Thanks

Just to let you know, people will not receive an e-mail notification for an edit. It was just by chance I went into my thread again.;)

Joe bloggs flying near a viaduct for photographic purposes will probably not run into problems, I don't think a hobby drone has the mass to do any damage. If there was a train on it then keep away (distance from uninvolved 'by standers' etc.) , however it sounds as if this might be commercial or work related and that is for someone else to address.

Reactions: deltamike
Thanks for your replies. 50 meters it is then and then enlargement of the pic..

Last edited:
@deltamike is the viaduct in a unpopulated countryside setting,then as long as you have permission from the land owner to fly there and you do not fly over the tracks on the top, if the line is still active ,then there is no reason that from close to the location ,you should be able to fly pretty close to the viaduct ,may i ask what the purpose of the flight is for
would i be correct in assuming from your avatar pic, that you are a railway enthusiast

Thanks OMM

The flight is to shoot some stills of a railway viaduct to see if the brickwork has no cracks or damage to the brickwork.

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks OMM

You can't do inspection from 50 metres.
Any cracks would have to be huge to be seen.

You can't do inspection from 50 metres.
Any cracks would have to be huge to be seen.

I rather suspected that however, we shall see what happens on the day. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven