DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to start propeller manually

By the way, how does that work in a real helicopter? Have never try...
On a helicopter you pull the collective UP to go UP. Mode 2 controls as they are by default are as close as it gets to helicopter flying, which this basically is albeit very assisted.

There is one more point in this - Will they stop in emergency if i make the stop gesture with the sticks?
That depends on your settings, see user manual.

Reactions: afarkas
What @Kilrah said... A drone is a quad helicopter, a.k.a. rotating wing aircraft. The controls are not the same as a fixed-wing aircraft.

The control configuration here (MODE 2) is identical to RC helicoptors, and with the exception of simplification (there are all sorts of controls in a real helicoptor for things like engine/power management, etc.), but the stick configuration is the same as a heli.

Fixed-wing pilots that find the control arrangement wrong are, wrong. Coming from a fixed-wing pilot, BTW. :D

I have to admit that I'm still inclined to think the dynamics and movement of the Mavic drones are MAGIC. Four propellers and somehow it can move directly up/down, it can move directly left/right, it can move directly forward/back and it can also TURN left and right. MAGIC.
have to agree with you there it takes some very sophisticated electronics,algorithms, and a host of sensors to enable it to fly the way it does it goes without saying that some knowledge of how it flies, is going to benefit how we interpret the stick movements and what they actually do.i personally think we have to forget all that came before with reguards to fixed wing and conventional helicopters ,that we may or may not have flown in the past , and just embrace the tech that we now have

Reactions: ff22
Since I don't believe the manual mentions anything about CSC being different in different stick modes, seems strange CSC isn't working down and in/out in other modes.
I get it that the flight assignment has changed, but CSC should not be based on that but rather raw stick.
On the other hand, CSC position was based on stick movements that would be highly unlikely in normal flight with mode 2 but might be more likely in other modes.

That's it. Pitch is airspeed, power is altitude. I've several thousand hours in light airplanes, a couple hundred more with RC, and ,flying a drone for the first time, controls seemed quite natural to me.

That's it. Pitch is airspeed, power is altitude. I've several thousand hours in light airplanes, a couple hundred more with RC, and ,flying a drone for the first time, controls seemed quite natural to me.
One of the first things you learn when flying a light aircraft, is not to use elevator to gain or reduce height when you are coming in to land. Throttle controls 'Altitude' - Elevator controls 'Attitude' ...

Yes, but onky minimally, as a side effect. The purpose of throtle stick is not to change the vertical direction... For that there is an other dedicated stick...
By the way, how does that work in a real helicopter? Have never try...
In a non-turbine helicopter you have, primarily 3 controls.
1. Collective and Throttle (throttle is like a motorcycle) - Left Hand Pull up for increased pitch and turn hand control to right to increase throttle
2. Stick (typically right hand)
3. Rotor (peddles at your feat - Left & Right)

Collective increases/decreases the pitch of the rotor blade and makes the craft go up, level or down
Throttle controls the RPM of the engine (and the rotor)
Stick is direction control (in all directions) Push the stick forward and you move forward, pull back and you go in reverse and left right are as expected.
Peddle also control yaw, and left peddle must be increased if throttle is increased to maintain heading or control yaw caused by torque of engine.

The actual control of the aircraft is done through the use of all of these controls, simultaneously. Hovering is a joy to learn, especially close to the ground.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000