DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unbind in deactivated account

walt@classic

Reactions
Here is our mess we have 3 dji drones air2, air2s, mavic 3 classic. I was the owner of all 3 at one time. I sold the air2 to a friend because I bought a air 2s. we were doing just fine until a week ago. I had purchased a mavic 3 classic and had flown it a few times so I ask my friend if he was interested in it and he said yes. Before we made the swap we had a brain fart and deleted our accounts and no where in that process does it say anything about unbinding the drone. We have contacted dji support many times to no satisfaction. I would like your input on this mistake.

Reactions: Roger Mavic 2s
Deleted your accounts from where and how?
From where and the process you used might affect your chances of recovery.

Don't mess with stuff until you answer.
What controllers where being used and if phones were used, what phones?
What computer, if any, do you have, Windows or Mac etc.?

That said if you can instal the Fly app on a clean phone, ie one that has NOT previously had the Fly app on it, can you not log into the account that bound the drones?
For clarity which drone or drones are bound to which account?

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Deleted your accounts from where and how?
From where and the process you used might affect your chances of recovery.

Don't mess with stuff until you answer.
What controllers where being used and if phones were used, what phones?
What computer, if any, do you have, Windows or Mac etc.?

That said if you can instal the Fly app on a clean phone, ie one that has NOT previously had the Fly app on it, can you not log into the account that bound the drones?
For clarity which drone or drones are bound to which account?
deleted the fly app account from dji using rc-n1 controller ipad mini 6 tablet. have a windows 10 computer to get on forums we have contacted dji support and were told the the drones would unbind after 3 weeks from account deletion.
Is there any other way right now it says when we start up the drones they are bound to another account that's me but can't get in to the account to unbind because it is deleting.

deleted the fly app account from dji using rc-n1 controller ipad mini 6 tablet. have a windows 10 computer to get on forums we have contacted dji support and were told the the drones would unbind after 3 weeks from account deletion.
Is there any other way right now it says when we start up the drones they are bound to another account that's me but can't get in to the account to unbind because it is deleting.

If I were you I would get a clean phone, instal the Fly App on it and try to log in to the account you used to bind the equipment. Leave the iPad alone for the moment - until an iPhone or iPad user chips in.

If you can log in to that account on another screen device then you should be able to unbind the equipment. I have unbound a Mini 2 using a different phone from the original but the second phone was logged into the original ( binding ) account.

I can't imagine why simply deleting the App from a screen device would prevent you logging in to the original account on another screen device.
I've deleted the Fly app from phones several times and not had any problem using the original account on another phone or, for that matter, reinstalling the App on the original phone but don't try a reinstal on nthe iPad just yet.

Did you, if it is possible, close the account?

Sorry I do not know what happens on Apple stuff when you delete an App but with Android stuff, although the App was nominally deleted the actual data storage file system remained behind .... or that was the way it was when I last deleted a DJI app from an Android phone. I could see the remaining file system via a Windows compter.
However I do not know if that has changed with the more recent Android versions.

If I were you I would get a clean phone, instal the Fly App on it and try to log in to the account you used to bind the equipment. Leave the iPad alone for the moment - until an iPhone or iPad user chips in.

If you can log in to that account on another screen device then you should be able to unbind the equipment. I have unbound a Mini 2 using a different phone from the original but the second phone was logged into the original ( binding ) account.

I can't imagine why simply deleting the App from a screen device would prevent you logging in to the original account on another screen device.
I've deleted the Fly app from phones several times and not had any problem using the original account on another phone or, for that matter, reinstalling the App on the original phone but don't try a reinstal on nthe iPad just yet.

Did you, if it is possible, close the account?

Sorry I do not know what happens on Apple stuff when you delete an App but with Android stuff, although the App was nominally deleted the actual data storage file system remained behind .... or that was the way it was when I last deleted a DJI app from an Android phone. I could see the remaining file system via a Windows compter.
However I do not know if that has changed with the more recent Android versions.
I dont think he is saying he just deleted the fly app from the phone/iPad. I think he is saying he deleted his dji account from dji. If that's the case, unless dji has a way to stop the account deletion, he will have to wait for that 3 weeks for the drone to unbind.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
No we didn't delete the app we deleted the account, We can't get back into the account because when we do it says account is deleting not available

Ahh, in that case I am stumped, sorry, all I can suggest is that you cross your fingers and hope DJI come through.

Ahh, in that case I am stumped, sorry, all I can suggest is that you cross your fingers and hope DJI come through.
Have you tried recreating the account, it may work or it might say user name already used just a thought.
Best of luck
Oman
PS Dji should be able to fix this issue, just be persistent that's the only way to get them to do anything

Last edited:
Here is our mess we have 3 dji drones air2, air2s, mavic 3 classic. I was the owner of all 3 at one time. I sold the air2 to a friend because I bought a air 2s. we were doing just fine until a week ago. I had purchased a mavic 3 classic and had flown it a few times so I ask my friend if he was interested in it and he said yes. Before we made the swap we had a brain fart and deleted our accounts and no where in that process does it say anything about unbinding the drone. We have contacted dji support many times to no satisfaction. I would like your input on this mistake.
3 weeks or 21 days are a long time when the weather is perfect for droning

Did you ever get this resolved?

Curious as to why you deleted the account?? Sounds like something I would do :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78