DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unexpected Crash followed by a00008 error code

mcfc302

Reactions
I have found this forum to be super helpful to understand challenges and successes other have experienced. With that... today I experienced an unexpected crash at a low altitude; about 3' off the ground. I had been out flying around my property without incident. I was out along the local street flying at a lower altitude and when I was flying my MP back towards me I throttled up (altitude) to fly up and over me standing in the street. I had done this once before with success. This time was different. I push the left controller up to gain altitude and to my surprise the drone flipped and crashed into the street. Upon impact the battery dislodged from the aircraft laying beside my MP. Upon inspection the nose suffered damage causing the case to separate a bit. There is also a couple of marks on the area around the lense of the gimble where it impacted the street. When I placed the battery back in the MP and fired it up I connected with the ability to see through the gimble on my iPhone but it started throwing an error code: a00008 Forward Right Vision Sensor Error and Vision System Error. Upon restarting the MP the gimble does not go through the normal startup checks; it simply just sits there. Another error message that I received indicated Aircraft Motor Overloaded. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

You can be fairly sure the gimbal ribbon cable is damaged. There is a circuit board between the front arms that connects to the forward vision sensors and the gimbal. That you can see video is somewhat promising. Do the overload messages refer to the gimbal, or the prop motors? Suddenly rolling over sounds like one or more props stopped spinning. Do they turn freely, will they power on and idle?

You can be fairly sure the gimbal ribbon cable is damaged. There is a circuit board between the front arms that connects to the forward vision sensors and the gimbal. That you can see video is somewhat promising. Do the overload messages refer to the gimbal, or the prop motors? Suddenly rolling over sounds like one or more props stopped spinning. Do they turn freely, will they power on and idle?
I feel your pain, hope you can get it up and running soon.

I feel your pain, hope you can get it up and running soon.
This is not normal behavior. If you post your flight records, perhaps some members can tell you what went wrong. It could be a warranty issue.

I was out along the local street flying at a lower altitude and when I was flying my MP back towards me I throttled up (altitude) to fly up and over me standing in the street. I had done this once before with success. This time was different. I push the left controller up to gain altitude and to my surprise the drone flipped and crashed into the street.

Somebody shot it with a ball bearing with a slingshot, perhaps?

On a side note: "unexpected crash" - as opposed to "expected crash"? :D

This is not normal behavior. If you post your flight records, perhaps some members can tell you what went wrong. It could be a warranty issue.

Can you help me with finding and uploading my flight records? Thx

Attached is a pic of the front of my MP and a pic of the error messages in the app.

Attachments

• 48C25F12-C5CD-49D4-8A5C-095EEFE07450.png
    48C25F12-C5CD-49D4-8A5C-095EEFE07450.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • 132EC853-2843-4329-9112-305C9359A6AE.jpeg
    132EC853-2843-4329-9112-305C9359A6AE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Attached is a pic of the front of my MP and a pic of the error messages in the app.
I believe that's a bad gimbal ribbon cable message on the overload, a relatively easy fix. OTOH, that vision sensor error is another matter. Is it under warranty? Unexpectedly flipping over is another serious matter. It might be best to contact DJI to see what they have to say, then maybe thunderdrones (I think that's right).

Those front vision cameras plug into the same board that controls the gimbal and feeds the main camera video data to the motherboard. It seems possible that the sensor camera is unplugged from the board since it doesn't appear to be physically damaged from the crash, but who knows. If it's out of warranty and DJI doesn't offer a solution, it might be worth opening the shell to see.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan