DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unexpected Crash

@Lake_Flyer I have the utmost respect for your opinion, no doubt. However, I disagree wholeheartedly.

The OP used a function that I use extremely often, sometimes with reckless abandon, as I am checking on other things.. I know the AC should go to 16 ft or so and stay there... it always has, one day, when it doesnt, I will be surprised...

The same surprise I would get if my toaster didnt eject the toast exactly at the colour I set it too.... Fire department have an opinion, but I'm taking it up with DJI Kitchen appliances..
I was talking about rookies. I trust you have flying experience enough to get you out of trouble.
I agree that one should be able to fully trust those functions. But the proof that it isn't as reliable as we want it to be is everywhere. It's still a flying machine that can crash on someones head.

Yes. Which will not work in flight unless you have changed the settings in the app. I was just wondering..
I didn't think it was possible to adjust the csc in the app.
I thought it was used for emergency situations where you need to down your drone.

No, you need to set it up in GO. Its default setting is to only work if the AC suffers a 'critical malfunction' (or words to that effect.)
You can set it up to do what you are saying, but it wont do it by default.index.jpg

No, you need to set it up in GO. Its default setting is to only work if the AC suffers a 'critical malfunction' (or words to that effect.)
You can set it up to do what you are saying, but it wont do it by default.View attachment 35808
I'm pretty sure all dji aircraft will shut down when a csc is initiated,but maybe they updated the procedure .

@Lake_Flyer I have the utmost respect for your opinion, no doubt. However, I disagree wholeheartedly.

The OP used a function that I use extremely often, sometimes with reckless abandon, as I am checking on other things.. I know the AC should go to 16 ft or so and stay there... it always has, one day, when it doesnt, I will be surprised...

The same surprise I would get if my toaster didnt eject the toast exactly at the colour I set it too.... Fire department have an opinion, but I'm taking it up with DJI Kitchen appliances..
Really?

So you recommend always taking off and landing manually? by manually you mean just using the sticks to guide it? I am a newbie, could there not be occasions where even manually it can go crazy?

Yep. It’s nice to have automated systems, but flyers need to know how to handle their equipment in case something goes wrong. I’ve still to this day never used Auto take off or RTH, and I’ve been flying these things for ten years.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with taking off using the auto take off. Clearly if the aircraft does not hover correctly you land immediately as something is wrong. In fact I will go as far as to say this is good practice.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with taking off using the auto take off. Clearly if the aircraft does not hover correctly you land immediately as something is wrong. In fact I will go as far as to say this is good practice.
So what you're saying is in fact: Always use auto take off and auto landing, unless somethings wrong. Only THEN you land by hand? How? Auto landing :)?
Really a great advice to anyone just unpacking his first drone ever.
I was talking about first learning to land and take off. So you CAN take control when it goes wrong.

Amazing......

Reactions: Kevjones777
So back on topic... @dr12345 did you manage to get at the flight logs, so we can possibly take a look?

I'm pretty sure all dji aircraft will shut down when a csc is initiated.
Dunno bud, never done it in flight, but I have read the manual..

View attachment 35826
Looks like you were correct ,but my p2v+ and my inspire 1 will shut off in mid flight. Guess they have updated the csc in the go4 app so people don't accidentally activate it..Perhaps it's this way in the go app these days also..

Looks like you were correct ,but my p2v+ and my inspire 1 will shut off in mid flight. Guess they have updated the csc in the go4 app so people don't accidentally activate it..Perhaps it's this way in the go app these days also..

Yep I think you are correct mate. 'Uninformed' maybe 'Unedjucated'(sic) stick controls could cause an operator to place the FC in a position whereby it thinks you are requesting a shutdown. I think this is why 'the powers that be' decided that they would decide if you as the operator were worthy of terminating flight....
To actually take control as you are use to, requires an adjustment of permissions in the app....

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Yep I think you are correct mate. 'Uninformed' maybe 'Unedjucated'(sic) stick controls could cause an operator to place the FC in a position whereby it thinks you are requesting a shutdown. I think this is why 'the powers that be' decided that they would decide if you as the operator were worthy of terminating flight....
To actually take control as you are use to, requires an adjustment of permissions in the app....
Thanks for pointing that out. Now I'll make sure and adjust my settings in the go4 app.

Reactions: Simmo
So what you're saying is in fact: Always use auto take off and auto landing, unless somethings wrong. Only THEN you land by hand? How? Auto landing :)?
Really a great advice to anyone just unpacking his first drone ever.
I was talking about first learning to land and take off. So you CAN take control when it goes wrong.

Amazing......
Read the post. No one mentioned landing we are talking about taking off.

Sorry new members are not very welcomed in this forum. My experience a crew chief in a UH1-H does not make me a pure newbie.
I'll take a look at your flight log if you upload it here and post a link back here. Looking at the actual data is much easier than coming up with possible scenarios based on a pilot's memory of what happened.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman