DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unhappy Mavic 3 Owners

I'm primarily using DJI products to map professionally, which the M3 at one point might of been considered. Not anymore. In fact, early rumor said there would be a mechanical shutter. It's that reason alone that I jumped in. Little did I know that would be just the start of not exactly disappointments, but eye-openers for me about what kind of company DJI can be.

Still, I was coming from a Mavic Pro which I cut my teeth on. I grabbed a lightly used M2P soon after selling the Pro, (after getting the M3) and it's a nice cushion. I can wait another year to see where the M3 goes, comfortable the M2P is sometimes a more capable drone.

For me, I'd like the M3 to have:

- Pano, RAW, and manual support for the telephoto camera
- handling tweaks
- add Tripod Mode
- waypoint flights
- user assignable control wheel (for exposure compensation)
- SDK for automated flights
- RC Pro support for M2P, Mini 2/3

The one thing that irked me though was the RC Pro combo released in China. I bought a RC Pro partly based on information of early adopter compensation, but before I heard about the Air 2S combo. Then DJI says later "nah, never mind ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"--well let's just say I went flying immediately to enjoy that quick and seamless RC Pro experience ...oh wait, I have to wait for GPS lock....

At what point do we complain to DJI to restart production on M2 batteries because the three is a heap?

• Haha
Reactions: Suren
I went as far as putting the M3 in my cart last night. However, I decided to read the issues associated with the subject drone and I have to say; there is no way I will spend that kind of money for the M3. I have purchased DJI drones over the years - Spark, Mavic Air1, Mavic 2 Zoom, Air 2, Air 2S. And I can say I have not had any issues with these drones. They still look like new. I have been a loyal customer of DJI for many years just as most of the members on this forum. It is a shame that DJI's quality standards exhibited in the flagship drones no longer exist. To launch a product to the market with few of the features that were advertised is unethical and poor business practice. Let's call it for what it is for DJI; their business model is simple - make as much money as they can without any regards to the consumers. At the end of the day, it is simply false advertising. Shame on DJI for tarnishing its reputation. Why would a consumer take a chance on purchasing any future drones based upon the false advertisement of the M3? When I buy a drone, I don't want to wait a year before all the features have been installed. All members out there thinking about purchasing the Mini 3 or rumored Air 3S, take a step back before making the purchase until all functions and features are truly on the drones. In conclusion, I agree with all the other post to this topic.

Reactions: Kbviper
I went as far as putting the M3 in my cart last night. However, I decided to read the issues associated with the subject drone and I have to say; there is no way I will spend that kind of money for the M3. I have purchased DJI drones over the years - Spark, Mavic Air1, Mavic 2 Zoom, Air 2, Air 2S. And I can say I have not had any issues with these drones. They still look like new. I have been a loyal customer of DJI for many years just as most of the members on this forum. It is a shame that DJI's quality standards exhibited in the flagship drones no longer exist. To launch a product to the market with few of the features that were advertised is unethical and poor business practice. Let's call it for what it is for DJI; their business model is simple - make as much money as they can without any regards to the consumers. At the end of the day, it is simply false advertising. Shame on DJI for tarnishing its reputation. Why would a consumer take a chance on purchasing any future drones based upon the false advertisement of the M3? When I buy a drone, I don't want to wait a year before all the features have been installed. All members out there thinking about purchasing the Mini 3 or rumored Air 3S, take a step back before making the purchase until all functions and features are truly on the drones. In conclusion, I agree with all the other post to this topic.
I am in a very similar situation that you are as far as DJI drones. I almost purchased an M3 shortly after it was released, and from everything that I read, I am glad I have held off, and have no plans to in the future. It sounds like the days of being happy with a newly released DJI drone may be over, and I have found myself looking at some of the competition‘s drones, for the first time.

I am in a very similar situation that you are as far as DJI drones. I almost purchased an M3 shortly after it was released, and from everything that I read, I am glad I have held off, and have no plans to in the future. It sounds like the days of being happy with a newly released DJI drone may be over, and I have found myself looking at some of the competition‘s drones, for the first time.
I can't recall a single DJI drone release that resulted in a happy experience from day 1. For a happy DJI experience, wait 6 months to a year after release, but you will always be a generation behind the early adopters. As far as competitors' drones, they are far, far worse than DJI. Check out the unhappy AutelPilots forum! As an owner of both an EVO and an EVO 2 Pro 6k, even a year after release, they were still not mature products!

The Mavic 3 is s good drone but not amazing like it should have been. The price they charged was way to much and I regret getting it .
I find myself longing to have my m2 pro back.
I also have the autel evo 2 pro which is more than a match for the mavic 3 this should not have been the case .
And there's talk of another upgraded Mavic 3 model this year . Honestly DJI have lost me as a customer for one I might sell the mavic 3 and the rc pro and get the new Autel evo 3 bet it's a proper upgrade to the evo 2 pro .

The Mavic 3 is s good drone but not amazing like it should have been. The price they charged was way to much and I regret getting it .
I find myself longing to have my m2 pro back.
I also have the autel evo 2 pro which is more than a match for the mavic 3 this should not have been the case .
And there's talk of another upgraded Mavic 3 model this year . Honestly DJI have lost me as a customer for one I might sell the mavic 3 and the rc pro and get the new Autel evo 3 bet it's a proper upgrade to the evo 2 pro .
I wouldn't bet the farm on it! Autel's track record is 10x worse than DJI! They can't even effectively copy DJI. They simply don't have the resources! DJI has some 8,000 engineers on staff. Autel has less than 10!

I wouldn't bet the farm on it! Autel's track record is 10x worse than DJI! They can't even effectively copy DJI. They simply don't have the resources! DJI has some 8,000 engineers on staff. Autel has less than 10!
Do you own any Autel drones ?

I can't recall a single DJI drone release that resulted in a happy experience from day 1. For a happy DJI experience, wait 6 months to a year after release, but you will always be a generation behind the early adopters. As far as competitors' drones, they are far, far worse than DJI. Check out the unhappy AutelPilots forum! As an owner of both an EVO and an EVO 2 Pro 6k, even a year after release, they were still not mature products!

Bearing in mind that different people may have different perceptions of what a happy experience is, and also that what ever the product is, there are always a few "duds", I can say that I have had good/happy experience with a number of DJI drones when they were released.

Since the P3P, I have had the opportunity to fly, and/or own, most of the consumer/Enterprise drones that DJI released. None had the issues that the M3 is having, and for me, the MM2 was a great drone from the day I got it, shortly after being released. I still own a M2Z and M2P, but bought both a year after they were released.

At work, we acquired the MEZ, MED, and the MEA as soon as they were released and have had no significant issues with any of them.

I have had no experience with Autel products and appreciate your comments - I will spend some time reading their forums.

1080P 200FPS

Bearing in mind that different people may have different perceptions of what a happy experience is, and also that what ever the product is, there are always a few "duds", I can say that I have had good/happy experience with a number of DJI drones when they were released.

Since the P3P, I have had the opportunity to fly, and/or own, most of the consumer/Enterprise drones that DJI released. None had the issues that the M3 is having, and for me, the MM2 was a great drone from the day I got it, shortly after being released. I still own a M2Z and M2P, but bought both a year after they were released.

At work, we acquired the MEZ, MED, and the MEA as soon as they were released and have had no significant issues with any of them.

I have had no experience with Autel products and appreciate your comments - I will spend some time reading their forums.
Indeed. I have owned them all, and some were more frustrating than others, while issues unique to settings I was used to using got resolved. My point is, at release, there will be issues that get resolved with time, so waiting until all the issues are resolved or known makes for a "happier" experience, as the early adopters are often unwilling beta testers.

Reactions: Atkas
Indeed. I have owned them all, and some were more frustrating than others, while issues unique to settings I was used to using got resolved. My point is, at release, there will be issues that get resolved with time, so waiting until all the issues are resolved or known makes for a "happier" experience, as the early adopters are often unwilling beta testers.
Thank god for refunds and customer rights!

Thank god for refunds and customer rights!
Some early issues that might prompt a refund or exchange are only caused by an undocumented change in functionality that has no impact upon usage. While bench testing all other DJI drones, their LED landing lights can be activated without arming the motors. However, DJI changed that with the Mavic 3. They can only be turned on when the motors are armed, but the Fly app still states they are being turned on and off when they aren't, unless the motors are armed. I thought I had a defective drone, because I need functional LED landing lights, and DJI even arranged warranty repair ticket because they did not know of the change either! Fortunately, someone on this forum had the exact same issue, and someone else responded that the landing LED's worked as intended when the drone was in the air. I armed the motors, and, suddenly, the "defect" was magically cured! Not all perceived "defects" are really defects!

Reactions: leebroath and Atkas
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22