DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unhappy Mavic 3 Owners

After reading this thread I am SOOO glad I never took the plunge and bought this drone. Hopefully they will iron out your problems and it might be worth buying in the future.

Reactions: Norval and Kbviper
This is not very constructive but I too am so glad I refunded my drone before even flying it. I had seen enough when I held that nasty cheap controller in my hands and then when I laid my eyes on the Fly app. This is without a shadow of a doubt the most disappointing launch of the Mavic 3 that could have ever happened.

The entire M3 section on this forum would be almost completely dead if it wasn't for all the issues and complaints.

That in itself speaks volumes

Reactions: Norval and Kbviper
Another member in the Dji forum actually also brought this same thing up in the past. I have noticed that as well and it becomes annoying when you format the SD and then when you copy the new files from the formatted SD over to your folder it asks to rename them.
Surely u rename the files when u download them so that in future they’re easy to find. I have millions of images & videos on multiple backups, I’d have no idea where to find them if there wasn’t a logical consistent naming format.

I fully support this comment,
Quality of the software of the drone is not sufficient as compared to the price, gps after the 600 update is not better, the other recommendations I fully support.

Just look everything that DJI is offering with the M30/30T drone for $9,999 package.
The RC pro cost $1200 and looks like a calculator compared with the Remote Control the M30 offer.
The software is top level, The drone can fly with 3 propellers if one of them is compromised, battery redundancy, a really nice hard case, and much much more.

Just the Remote controller from the M30 looks like a $3500+ controller leaving the drone in a $7500 cost.

The Mavic 3 cine cost half of that price. DJI should offer a better software and DECENT internals and operation as a MINIMUN specs to the Mavic 3 for the price they are asking.

Is a shame they deliver the Mavic 3 with the same remote that they deliver the DJI Mini 2. Is a shame the DJI Mini 2 SE GPS system is superior to the Mavic 3.

They are just filling their deep pockets with customers like me and you offering something is not well designed like the camera rubbing the legs of the drone, vibrations from day 1 in the back legs of the drone, GPS issues, homepoint issues, suddenly disconnections with the same software you fly your $250 drone DJI Mini SE.

The M30t is $13,999 but includes a hi-res thermal camera with something like 5x zoom (digital). I am going to sell my M2EA, which will help to cover a good part of the cost. Plus, don't see where I will need it anymore. I am quite disappointed about the Mavic 3 and that is what gives me pause about the M30t. I have been using DJI drones since the Phantom 1 and pretty much every new release is fraught with problems. I am hoping that this will not be the case with their commercial enterprise systems.

Reactions: TonyPHX
The M30t is $13,999 but includes a hi-res thermal camera with something like 5x zoom (digital). I am going to sell my M2EA, which will help to cover a good part of the cost. Plus, don't see where I will need it anymore. I am quite disappointed about the Mavic 3 and that is what gives me pause about the M30t. I have been using DJI drones since the Phantom 1 and pretty much every new release is fraught with problems. I am hoping that this will not be the case with their commercial enterprise systems.
They offer 16X optical zoom and 200X digital zoom. I was comparing the M30 price that is $9999.00 with the Mavic 3 since the T version has the thermal camera and is not fear to compare with the Mavic 3.

But looks everything they can offer for $9999.00 price. The software, The Hub service, Redundancy, Fly with 3 propellers technology, redundancy sensors, lights that exceed the FAA requirements built in.

They offer 16X optical zoom and 200X digital zoom. I was comparing the M30 price that is $9999.00 with the Mavic 3 since the T version has the thermal camera and is not fear to compare with the Mavic 3.

But looks everything they can offer for $9999.00 price. The software, The Hub service, Redundancy, Fly with 3 propellers technology, redundancy sensors, lights that exceed the FAA requirements built in.
Got it. I'm a bit slow.

Well what do we have here:

The cause….explained.
Oh- and here is how DJI plans on taking “care” of its customers who got a bad GPS chip:

They will encourage you to spend $2000 on a new Mavic 3 in the fall with the “correct” GPS function.
Added bonus: the article also explains that the latest firmware update doesn’t fix the problem.

I guess I'm glad at this point that I didn't order that drone. I did just order the m30t and I'm worried that, like with other DJI releases, the first 6 months to a year is going to be a nightmare with it.
I hope the M30 does not suffer from the same issues and all advertised features are there

Surely u rename the files when u download them so that in future they’re easy to find. I have millions of images & videos on multiple backups, I’d have no idea where to find them if there wasn’t a logical consistent naming format.
Unfortunately I don't rename them and have a folder that I just transfer the videos to from SD.

I put mine in folders of date & place , so it's never a problem or even noticed by me

Reactions: Atkas
I guess I'm glad at this point that I didn't order that drone. I did just order the m30t and I'm worried that, like with other DJI releases, the first 6 months to a year is going to be a nightmare with it.
That has always been the case. If you want a 100% happy DJI experience, wait at least 6 months to a year after releaese, but you will also always be a generation behind the cutting edge, that comes with cuts and bruises.

I put mine in folders of date & place , so it's never a problem or even noticed by me
It's not a problem so much as an annoyance that was recently created by switching to the Fly app. It made it easy to discern from a given file name when it was shot within the range of 0000 to 0999 before it rolled over again. It also made it easy to see when it was shot by a new drone vs. an older drone. There are workarounds, but the original file name is now less useful than before. It is just like Autel Robotics now! :(

Hey let's not forget the CRAPPY launch. Screwing us folks that wanted a RC PRO making us by the Cine or buy it stand alone. They purposely left out a Fly more kit with it to make more money. Then they turn around and off the RC PRo in the Air2S Flymore but still not the Mavic 3 and to add insult to injury tell the package for a few hundred more then most paid for the controller as a stand alone. This is by far the worst DJI experience I've had both on the initial purchase and the continued issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum