DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unnaceptable flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesG

Reactions
I was chatting to my sister who rents an apartment in Spain during the winter months (alright for some!) The apartment is on about the fourth floor overlooking the sea. She was telling me that they were watching someone flying a drone on the beach (about half a mile away) when he decided to fly along the front of the apartments very close up aparently videoing the interiors. Now there is someone I would like to have a chat with.

My sister hadn't realised that that sort of activity is illegal but certainly does now! I advised a high powered water gun.

so hes flying like 3 feet in front of the windows and taking pictures of the interiors. Must be one hell of a pilot and have a good zoom.

so hes flying like 3 feet in front of the windows and taking pictures of the interiors. Must be one **** of a pilot and have a good zoom.

If it’s only the fourth floor the pilot wouldn’t need to be particularly good and a zoom wouldn’t be necessary if the drone is close to the building.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
I am one of these drone pilots that prefer to stay away from humans when flying. My footages are mostly over water, a park or remote places. I can't really stand flying over people, their properties or buildings. I asked someone how he is able to fly over Philadelphia city hall, asked him if needs permission for it. His response: nah.

I am one of these drone pilots that prefer to stay away from humans when flying. My footages are mostly over water, a park or remote places. I can't really stand flying over people, their properties or buildings. I asked someone how he is able to fly over Philadelphia city hall, asked him if needs permission for it. His response: nah.
"My footages are mostly over water, a park "
'cause no people around parks or water?

Nope... Parks are empty and flying over water no boats around.
Right... And no one is around the BFD either... I find many of you to be very selective with your ethics.

I was filming on the Delaware river close to the Benjamin Franklin bridge in Philadelphia. The Mavic was around 800 feet and saw that the controller status on top was blinking. It is normal for occusync to be unreliable in a downtown?

Right... And no one is around the BFD either... I find many of you to be very selective with your ethics.

I was filming on the Delaware river close to the Benjamin Franklin bridge in Philadelphia. The Mavic was around 800 feet and saw that the controller status on top was blinking. It is normal for occusync to be unreliable in a downtown?
No people on the Delaware river if that what you asking for. No boats or canoes around. I fly very safe, unlike some people in this forum that doesn't care if they fly over a downtown or buildings.

No people on the Delaware river if that what you asking for. No boats or canoes around. I fly very safe, unlike some people in this forum that doesn't care if they fly over a downtown or buildings.
Of course, BFB is nowhere near downtown, and there are no people there. Just say'n...

Guys let's not get arguminitive in this .
Just say'n....

Park ranger today told me misdemeanor to fly in the local county park. I Love California priorities. You can shootup heroin in public and that’s ok but fly a drone or use a plastic straw ..... oh no.

How does the Spanish apartment owner know that the drone was filming?
My brother used to be really anti-drones becasue they would fly around his beach house. I showed him with my drone that it was almost impossible to see inside his house during the day because of the reflections off the windows. Now he is quite relaxed and feels bad he shouted at the opertors.

I really didn't think I'd need to explain my post but anyway. Whether or not the drone was filming, or could see into the flats is beside the point. The drone operator flew so close to the side of the buildings that the residents were pissed off with him. This puts a bad light on drone operation in general and has people not liking them. Quite simple really. No-one mentioned any Spanish owners. I mentioned my sister who is living in one of the apartments for the winter and to whom I was talking and told me about the drone.

OK, I take your point. Yes flying like that is not good for us dronies.

Just as well you can't get high power zoom lenses for other cameras, let alone binoculars with 20x magnification.
With something like that people would be able to look in through windows from half a mile away, without making a din like a strimmer running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J