DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unnaceptable flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Park ranger today told me misdemeanor to fly in the local county park. I Love California priorities. You can shootup heroin in public and that’s ok but fly a drone or use a plastic straw ..... oh no.
Amen!

Irresponsible flying will lead to more and more restrictive legislation on these things. Transponders are coming and right behind them is stiff penalties for careless operations. The community...mostly the outliers...will be solely responsible for it.

The future may be that DJI or any other manufacture will require a UAS tickets to even buy one.

Reactions: RogerMav and AMann
Irresponsible flying will lead to more and more restrictive legislation on these things. Transponders are coming and right behind them is stiff penalties for careless operations. The community...mostly the outliers...will be solely responsible for it.

The future may be that DJI or any other manufacture will require a UAS tickets to even buy one.

So true. And I never really thought about how my own less desirable decisions in life could have been so easily characterized as one of these 5 basic hazardous attitudes to safety identified of Pilots by the FAA.

Just some food for self reflection: These can also be seen as the five hazardous attitudes to the sport:

55506C6A-3C6D-4F4E-B8F5-77605347DCDF.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerMav
Great 12 gauge targets:cool:
WOuld you really?
I am guessing you would be pointing the gun towards the beach at that point. You may want to rethink that.
On the otherhand, I am all in on a super-soaker water cannon.

Reactions: FMR
I was chatting to my sister who rents an apartment in Spain during the winter months (alright for some!) The apartment is on about the fourth floor overlooking the sea. She was telling me that they were watching someone flying a drone on the beach (about half a mile away) when he decided to fly along the front of the apartments very close up aparently videoing the interiors. Now there is someone I would like to have a chat with.

My sister hadn't realised that that sort of activity is illegal but certainly does now! I advised a high powered water gun.
I think we have to get things in proportion. If you are about half a mile away and decide to get very close to a building, fillming or not the likelihood of misjudying things at this distance are fairly high. The potential for injury to bystanders must also be high. A professional flyer on a contract requring they get close to building would get as close as possible to prevent injury to others and Thier equipment. At his distance the operator will not hear the drone. As a regular flyer one of the first things I do is get the noisy buger far enough away to enable myself to think. If you are flying very close to a building the noise put out by the drone will be extremely irritating particularly if you are on a balcony enjoing the sun.
So let's get real if you fly close enough to a building and people you are causing a problem and your irresponsible actions are liable to result in more draconing legislation.

Reactions: FMR
Yep and fir good reason as in this case **
Yep the majority of people are fairly neural about drones, in fact when you come across people when flying they tend to be interested and are positive
But when you fly irresponsibley they justifiably change. If we operators use a bit of common sence and stick by the rules who knows we will get support from Joe blogs on the street and might even see a relaxation of legislation in countrys where it is now very difficult to fly

Reactions: FMR and RogerMav
Despite worries about the new laws and the current legality that folks don’t own the sky above them, there are commercially produced “drone catchers”, including the one in the video below that is deployed from another drone:
Drone Catcher Drone Fires Nets At Lesser Drones
The video is two or three images down I n the article and is a little slow to load, but tap the image.
No parachute and now they don’t even me to be able to see the subject drone directly. Then there are the numerous YouTube videos on how to build your own.

Last edited:
...there are commercially produced “drone catchers”, including the one in the video below that is deployed from another drone:
Drone Catcher Drone Fires Nets At Lesser Drones

I am sorry...but this is just really "out there", they call it " robotic falconry"
So if there a rogue drone bothering people, another drone will quickly come in, a larger one this time, it will aim...and fire a net, while the smaller one just standing there in one spot waiting to be netted.

"The net-gun has a range of up to 40 feet, and can carry its prisoner to a waiting team on the ground."
Capture.PNG

ElvklIX.gif

I really needed a good laugh. :)

Last edited:
While on vacation in Hawaii, I flew over the water from our rented condo. I came back and took one pic of my wife and I from close range (maybe 30 second hover.). I then landed it in a large empty lawn area below. When I went down to collect my landed Mavic I was confronted by a fellow renter who told me that I had flown by every unit in the building, looking into their units. This building was nine stories high with ten units on each floor. I got my MacBook and showed him my whole flight. He was very embarrassed when he saw what had actually happened. He got to asking me about drone flying in general and the Mavic in particular. I would say that in the end, he seemed very interested in a good way. But it was a lesson learned to me about how sensitive people are about drones. Needless to say, I made no more approaches anywhere near the building. And I would recommend my experience to be passed on as a lesson learned.
Drone observers are not always the most accurate source of info. And the way over estimate our equipment.

And they will call the cops in a second; then you have to prove you are in the right & that sucks! Been there, done that!

Your just as bad, I do shoot deer and also put them in my freezer. I and most others use their guns as they are intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope