DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Up down control

Robodob

Reactions
Just starting but want to switch left stick so forward is down and pull is up like a plane and all heavy equip.....
Any thoughts..

Otherwiss it is counter intuitive as default programmed

The stick mode defaults to "Mode 2". You can change it or customize each stick input to your liking using the "Custom" setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-RC-Stick-Mode.png

Yes, this is the standard for flying drones.

When I started flying drones a few years ago I came from an RC Plane background and had to get used to it too. It only takes a couple flights but it's worth leaving in standard MODE 2, that way you can pick up any drone and fly.

Reactions: Irish-apple
Mode 2 will take care of just about anything you’d like to control, Planes, quad copters/. Drones, I even used mode 2 for operating a r/c crawler. Let’s not for helicopters too. At least for us USA guys anyway. :)

Just starting but want to switch left stick so forward is down and pull is up like a plane and all heavy equip.....
Any thoughts..

Otherwiss it is counter intuitive as default programmed

I don't know about "heavy equipment" but mode 2 is the standard for both drones and planes.

right stick forward it tilt nose down. right stick back is tilt nose up.
left stick forward is more power, left stick down is less power.

like other said. I would suggest to keep mode 2 and get used to it (usually only takes a few flights)

I swapped yaw and left/right so yaw is on the right stick with forward/backward. This allows more natural flying with one hand. I also find it easier to get smooth shots while turning. It’s a minor change from mode 2 so going back and forth is pretty easy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711