DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

update

raven swe

Reactions
well the ios update is out for duel rc, now just to see how long the wait for the sc update is so we can use duel rc

i dont think he is referring to the firmware. In order to get the duel rc to work you have to have the latest dji go4 app update or the dual rc feature wont work.

You can still upgrade the firmware. It won't work without the firmware either. ;)

Reactions: MichiganMavic
484d0bf82f8a2e2a6e62615bc9796632.jpg

It’s still not available [emoji35]

• Sad
Reactions: CJH92474
now just to see how long the wait for the sc update is so we can use duel rc
Expect the SC update any day after April 23rd 2019 (But don't hold your breath ...)

I'm new to the SC and android in general. Does DJI automatically push SC firmware or GO4 updates to the unit, or are you given some sort of alert that they're available? Thanks

I'm new to the SC and android in general. Does DJI automatically push SC firmware or GO4 updates to the unit, or are you given some sort of alert that they're available? Thanks

Yes I believe the DJI go software used by the SC is directly related to the version of the radio software.

One thing to remember is that you're not typically connected to the internet when using the SC. So you'll have to make a conscience effort to check for updates.

I said something similar on the other thread. Let's be honest, we weren't all sitting around dreaming of being able to use dual RC with the Smart Controller. I had that feature and two remotes for almost two years when I flew my Mavic Pro. I used it once!

A bunch of you just want to complain and whine at every opportunity. There are only a couple of practical uses for it in the first place. Training and camera control. The camera has limited motion independent of the aircraft so that's only slightly useful. Besides, it's probably easier just to learn how to use the dial or touch the screen and fly at the same time, than it is to try and coordinate subtle movements with another person. Don't get me wrong, I can see some cool shots coming out of this feature since you can move the gimbal left and right as well as up and down. Of course active track, tap to fly, waypoints, etc can be used to get some of those shots.

As far as training goes, I don't have a long list of people I want flying my $1500 drone under any circumstances. I can get a trainer drone for under $100 or I'd be happy to train them using their drone.

Reactions: ff22 and Thomas B
would also be good when out with a friend to be able to watch on a bigger screen like the 9.7 iPad I use on the std controller, so anyone that's with me aint leaning over my shoulder while im flying with the smart.

would also be good when out with a friend to be able to watch on a bigger screen like the 9.7 iPad I use on the std controller, so anyone that's with me aint leaning over my shoulder while im flying with the smart.

True but it's a little known fact that the SC has a HDMI port and does screen mirroring for 2nd screen activities.

yeah but why go out and spend when an update can do what I want, plus if whoever is with me wants to have a dabble at flying they have a second remote in their hands already,

yeah but why go out and spend when an update can do what I want, plus if whoever is with me wants to have a dabble at flying they have a second remote in their hands already,

Again, true. However, dabbling is one of my concerns. Accidental stick movements is another. If you just want them to watch, 2nd screen. I get you want them to fly YOUR drone, with supervision from you, that's cool. I was just answering your statement about 2nd screen. You've had that ability since day one. I flew my drone off my patio and beamed the video back to my TV in the livingroom. Nice. Don't get me wrong, 2nd controller is a cool feature I'm just irritated with people acting that the release delay between device types is some major burden

Last edited:
Please explain after”yes”. I don’t understand the relation to the OP’s question. TIA

you can't just go grab the latest DJI Android app APK and load it on your radio. It is a special version, is how understand it. Especially given how impatient people are.

Reactions: Thomas B
from what I understand so far there is a 2 second delay after releasing the sticks on one controller before the sticks on the other controller become active.

I guess Im a little late here but from what I understand: The firmware update that I just did on my SC, which said it was adding dual controller ability, didn't add dual controller ability. Right?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan