DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updated Android DJI GO4 v4.1.18 released 28th Nov

After the update last night there’s another this afternoon, wonder if this will break something else!

With today it's now already the fourth version of 4.1.18 on my tablet, third on phone. Really funny what DJI is doing here. Maybe updates will arrive now on daily basis?

I think they are responding to the comments here and fixing the problems in mini updates. Probably just tweaking a line or two in the code.

Reactions: OzoneVibe
After the update last night there’s another this afternoon, wonder if this will break something else!
It's just like Christmas .... ;)
Fair play to DJI ... they're obviously working on things.
If ONLY they told us in each mini-update what was supposedly fixed! #Grrrr

Reactions: Sparky1
With today it's now already the fourth version of 4.1.18 on my tablet, third on phone. Really funny what DJI is doing here. Maybe updates will arrive now on daily basis?
I guess what it really means is "Big update = many bugs = many fixes rolled out asap." This can only be a good thing.
Bugs will always happen .... so many devices to cater for .... even tho, as yet, I've not suffered anything other than overexposed photospheres in Pano.

It's just like Christmas .... ;)
Fair play to DJI ... they're obviously working on things.
If ONLY they told us in each mini-update what was supposedly fixed! #Grrrr
Totally agree. Really would be nice to at least specify what was fixed.

No offline maps in 4.1.18 though; in 4.1.15 there are, but downloads often get stuck, probably problems with Here map server.
I've read (somewhere, I forget where) that there were problems with Offline Here maps, and DJI intentionally removed in 4.1.18 with a plan to bring back when it was working correctly.
Hopefully this won't be too long in the future.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
This is the third version of v4.1.18 I have downloaded this past week. The change is in parentheses. First was 426-googlePlay, then 429-googlePlay and now 432googlePlay. Make sure you have the latest version. To find this select "ME" in the lower right corner below "ENTER DEVICE". Then select the setup icon in the upper right hand corner. Look at the bottom of this screen.Version Number.jpg

If only we knew what has been "fixed". It would be so useful to know.
I've come to the conclusion they don't say for legal liability concerns.
Someone could claim that since "x" was fixed it was a contributing cause to their crash or fly away.

Reactions: Bunny Too
I've come to the conclusion they don't say for legal liability concerns.
Someone could claim that since "x" was fixed it was a contributing cause to their crash or fly away.
Since they are only fixing things they've said had been released ... I don't but that one.
On that basis, their liability is worse releasing the initial update saying there are new features that turn out to not be working.
My opinion.

Since they are only fixing things they've said had been released ... I don't but that one.
On that basis, their liability is worse releasing the initial update saying there are new features that turn out to not be working.
My opinion.
There's a substantial amount of indoor plumbing in their software development kit - I'm quite sure they tweak those things as necessary and they are not directly tied to any one feature. Take the recent issue with disconnected issues and video pixellation - no specific feature lo lay the blame on.

During the Thanksgiving fiasco, my android Nexus 7 (2012 version) tablet was able to update to "NEW" updates on play store twice within 8 hours. If DJI would make updates report file names with added_1. _2, etc. it would totally make a lot of us feel better about doing/not doing an update. My screen was never worse and close proximity (signal lost) had me at my wits end to why I was having so many issues. I kept getting the message of major interference, so I just thought the place I was staying at had a terrible location on a mountain side. I then installed the app on my phone (Galaxy s5 (with known issues by itself)) and everything worked perfectly! I followed the posts about downgrading to 4.1.15 and installing from apkmirror website. I had never done an install that way, but was able to do it successfully on my Nexus 7. I will stay on 4.1.15 until more reports come in. :) Cheers!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc