DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updated place to fly in SF Bay Area/East Bay/South Bay

...does that place where the Bay Bridge trail u-turns under the eastbound lanes have a space where you could cross under the westbound lanes?
Unfortunately that U-turned road only leads to the Toll Plaza building. I tried it once hoping for a way to the beach, too. The only way I see to drive there is that last exit before the tolls, but you’ll need to be coming from the Emeryville direction and hugging the right lane. One could probably bike or hike in from the State Park.

Last edited:
The Delta (San Joaquin River)

Tiburon, Ca

These were shot with my P3P.

This one with my MA close to my home in Antioch.
Sup Flipsonic,

I saw your posts on the various locations you shot with your drone and im very interested in the antioch location. Where exactly would i have to go in antioch to get to that location. I want to be able to fly freely in the open land it showed. Another question i want to ask is where in the san joaquin river was that shot in? I have a few friends that live in sacramento area and would like to go there to fly my drone. Sorry for the specific quesitons. Ive been googling areas in the bay area, san mateo county, santa clara county, sacramento county about places where i can fly my drone in a open field/land, etc and there's nothing on google. And after seeing your videos i want to fly there, lol. If you can let me know that would be great. I sent you a conversation but didn't know if you would get those so i just replied to your post. If you can let me know the specific locations and if you know of any webistes that can help me with finding places to fly my drone that would be great to. I live in the bay area, thanks.

I used to live in the Bay Area, actually fairly close to Fremont, near the Milpitas/San Jose border. I just took a quick look at AirMap and there seems to be a lot of places to fly. You could go to Calaveras reservoir, Mission park, Niles Canyon. Basically, you could go almost anywhere east of you and looks like you would be OK. If you’re adventurous take Alum Rock to Mount Hamilton road and go all the way to the top and past Lick Observatory to the backside of the hill. It’s called Owens Valley and are a ton of cool places to get good footage.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Ken
Sup Former Member,

Im wondering how did you find out calaveras reservior, mission park, niles canyon was good to fly in. I went to airmap myself and if you didn't say those places i would have never known. Im new to drone flying and want to fly in places where i have no restrictions and able to fly in wide open fields. Ive tried googling it but nothing comes up. If you can give me up websites or places around the bay area, san mateo county, santa clara county, etc that would be great. Thanks
I used to live in the Bay Area, actually fairly close to Fremont, near the Milpitas/San Jose border. I just took a quick look at AirMap and there seems to be a lot of places to fly. You could go to Calaveras reservoir, Mission park, Niles Canyon. Basically, you could go almost anywhere east of you and looks like you would be OK. If you’re adventurous take Alum Rock to Mount Hamilton road and go all the way to the top and past Lick Observatory to the backside of the hill. It’s called Owens Valley and are a ton of cool places to get good footage.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Ken

The Delta (San Joaquin River)

Tiburon, Ca

These were shot with my P3P.

This one with my MA close to my home in Antioch.
Sup Flipsonic,

I dont know if my previous post got posted but i was wondering where in antioch was that shot in? I live in the bay area myself and would like to fly where you shot that because it seems like alot of open spaces to fly in, lol. Please advise.

Hi. Does anybody know if the Martin's beach (Martin’s Beach) is "No drone zone"? I cannot find any prohibiting regulation regarding that beach.
It's my understanding that the beach is private property (or surrounded by private property). There's been considerable litigation over access, and the owner has to allow passage and charges a $10 fee. So it's not a State Beach were drones are banned, but it seems you'd have to comply with the owners rules if any.

It's my understanding that the beach is private property (or surrounded by private property). There's been considerable litigation over access, and the owner has to allow passage and charges a $10 fee. So it's not a State Beach were drones are banned, but it seems you'd have to comply with the owners rules if any.
The fee is only for parking. You can park in the dirt lot off highway 1 and walk down the road without any fee.

Here (Martins Beach, Half Moon Bay, CA - California Beaches) it says the beach is public but access to it is only available through private property. I could park for free outside of the private property on the dirt like everybody else was doing..

I did not see any no drone sign there.
I believe Martin's Beach is flyable -- I've recently flown just north and just south of it. Please post what you shoot!
Because I was not sure if it is flyable, I just flew 2 minutes :D. Here is an image

vlcsnap-2021-01-01-13h46m36s195.png

Last edited:
How about meeting at Berkeley’s Caesar Chavez Park around 9am on Sunday morning? If that works for anyone, I’ll post the exact hilltop spot with the picnic tables.

Sunday 9am: Let’s meet here, top of the hill at the picnic tables...socially distanced, of course.46FD5982-199E-474A-AFE0-C79BCD136D8B.jpeg

Sunday 9am: Let’s meet here, top of the hill at the picnic tables...socially distanced, of course.View attachment 121370
Nice meeting up with you guys today.
Put together a quick video of some shots from the USS hornet. Having the drone over the water is scary for sure.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78