DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating dji fly app on SC

Claretcass

Reactions
I have been using dji fly app on iOS but now I am using it with my MA2 on the SC for the first time.
Can anyone help please and tell me how to update/check for updates to the dji fly app on the SC?
On iOS it’s automatic.
Thanks for any information and help

The Fly App probably is a special one for the Smart Controller as well the DJI 4 Go. Just wait for the message that will say an update is available. I will don't try to force installing the Android Version from the play store since the smart controller normally uses a modified app specially designed for the smart controller. At least this the rule with the DJI 4 Go app. Not 100% if will be the case for the Fly App.

The Fly App probably is a special one for the Smart Controller as well the DJI 4 Go. Just wait for the message that will say an update is available. I will don't try to force installing the Android Version from the play store since the smart controller normally uses a modified app specially designed for the smart controller. At least this the rule with the DJI 4 Go app. Not 100% if will be the case for the Fly App.
Thanks very much for the response and letting me know so quickly before I made a mess of the whole process.

Reactions: zeusfl
I have been using dji fly app on iOS but now I am using it with my MA2 on the SC for the first time.
Can anyone help please and tell me how to update/check for updates to the dji fly app on the SC?
On iOS it’s automatic.
Thanks for any information and help
If you follow the instructions in this video and substitute DJI Go 4 with DJI Fly app, you can update to latest version that is on the DJI site. I have done this to get version 1.1.9 (1.1.10 is not available yet)

Reactions: pelagic_one
If you follow the instructions in this video and substitute DJI Go 4 with DJI Fly app, you can update to latest version that is on the DJI site. I have done this to get version 1.1.9 (1.1.10 is not available yet)

Have you tried flying with 1.1.9 on the SC with air2 yet? Does it work?

Yep, no issues at all
Just as a warning to anyone else trying this method of updating their Fly app on the SC to 1.2.x. As of writing this post (16 nov 2020), 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 are not compatible with the SC.

I got a prompt to update the MA2 firmware which I connected to computer and updated via DJI Assistant, and then saw a message afterwards saying it is highly recommended to use 1.2.0 or above of the Fly app. So followed the video method to update the Fly app as well to 1.2.1 which installed with no errors. However you get no camera feed on the controller at all. Whilst troubleshooting I saw the DJI note right at the bottom stating that 1.2.x is not compatible with the SC yet.

Had to reset the controller to factory settings which installs 1.1.6.

Incidentally, does anyone know where can we see what the latest version should be for the SC? Because on APK mirror I see 1.1.8, 1.1.9 and 1.1.10 but these aren't picked up by my SC and offered as an update option either.

So yes, as @zeusfl mentioned above, it does appear that the SC version of the Fly app is different to the regular Fly app available on Google Play.

Hope that saves someone some time.

Last edited:
Reactions: pelagic_one
Darn it!! Only installed 1.2 the other day!! ***********

? On the brighter side (or should that be less dark side?) ... 1.1.6 on the SC worked 100% ok with the MA2 firmware update (have managed 3 flights with that config). So it appears to be safe to ignore, on the SC at least, the message that 1.2+ version of Fly is recommended.

The MA2 firmware update that says to use 1.2.x was to update the stock controller so that you could use it with the MM2. Since you don't use the stock controller when flying with the SC, the version of Fly on the SC should be OK.

? On the brighter side (or should that be less dark side?) ... 1.1.6 on the SC worked 100% ok with the MA2 firmware update (have managed 3 flights with that config). So it appears to be safe to ignore, on the SC at least, the message that 1.2+ version of Fly is recommended.
I did the SC factory reset, which took me back to 1.1.6. Seemed to remember all my settings though, so no great hardship. Think I’ll leave it alone until an SC compatible version of 1.2.1 is avaliable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne