DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrade from MP to MP2? My thoughts.

[QUOTE="kind of like what computer and cell phone makers do so the new products look so much better?[/QUOTE]

You got it!.... ‘My foot size is a 10 but a 10.5 feels so good, I buy a size 11’.

Another reason why I won’t be buying a new MP2 is because it’s not compatible with the Crystalsky monitor. (That’s according to Support)

I’m sticking with my MP1...both of them. I’m waiting to read about the first I lost my new MP2 but it wasn’t my fault thread. I hope I’m wrong. I’m not wishing ill thoughts on anyone, but it’s inevitable. If I get one I’ll wait until the MP2 has proven itself as the MP1 has for me.

Reactions: mad monkey
I’m sticking with my MP1...both of them. I’m waiting to read about the first I lost my new MP2 but it wasn’t my fault thread. I hope I’m wrong. I’m not wishing ill thoughts on anyone, but it’s inevitable. If I get one I’ll wait until the MP2 has proven itself as the MP1 has for me.
This kind of threads will always exist.

Excellent thoughts. Yes I would like to upgrade but the costs are prohibitive. Here in Ireland the MP2 is 1450 Euro thats about $1700. Last August I got my MP original from B&H, free shipping to my cousin in Colorado who was coming to Ireland, I paid $900 (E800). This does void the warranty but I saved almost 400 euro. The MP is a beast even in Irish winds, battery is still good. The 1inch sensor MP2 defo knocks the thoughts of a P4 Pro on the head. I fly a lot but no taking a lot of videos so for the moment I'm good, will leave it at least 12 months. As Jon Snow says "Winter is coming"!! so flight time will be getting limited.

No interest in upgrading from my MP.

I first had a Phantom 3 Advanced but sold as was too cumbersome for my needs.

Got all excited when they released the Spark as I thought it would be all I needed for my travels.
Was seriously let down by the unreliable WiFi.
That's when I started watching the MP videos and knew straight away I wanted it.....until the Mavic Air was released!

I was in such a dilemma on which to choose...Air for its mega portability, better camera and newer tech but let down by WiFi again, or MP with Occusync range and the fantastic controller. It also just looks so good.

Chose the MP and never looked back.
It's not used as much as I thought I'd use it but when I do, it never lets me down.

These new 2 drones just havent captivated me like the release of the Air did and I haven't watched any video on them like I did with the MP, where I tried to watch everything I could.

I have the money ready to go but just don't want one....I know my trusty Mavic Pro will do everything I need it to.

As much as I would like to Have the Pro 2, I can't see enough improvement to justify the expense. The batteries and chargers have changed and are not compatible. The new bird is larger and will not fit my existing cases. ND filters don't fit. By the time I would get back to a 4 battery kit, I would be looking at well over $2000. I was hoping they would have a built in screen like the EVO but that did not happen.
The zoom model does not interest me at all. Most of the time I am looking for a more wide angle image like I get with the Typhoon H. At 400 feet, the Mavic does not get enough in the field of view.
So far, the videos I have seen, are not that much better than the original Mavic. I don't have a 4K TV. Maybe that would show the difference. I don't fly in low light, so I don't need the larger sensor for that reason. Variable aperture would be nice though.
I will sit on the sidelines and let the early adopters do DJI's beta testing. If I buy a new drone soon, it would be the Parrot Anafi.
I di like Parrot drones, have the Parrot Bebop 2, haven't used it in a long time, but I enjoyed flying it, but not as much as the Mavic Pro or the Mavic Air.

I like some things about the Parrot Anafi, but I don't think I will buy another drone that doesn't have obstacle avoidance. I just like having that technology on my drone. Yuneec released a folding drone too, w/o obstacle avoidance, called the Mantis Q.

I had my Mavic Pro for 6 months and have not flown it and now the Mavic 2. I think I will keep my Mavic Pro especially when I bought it refurbished from DJI for $699.00.

Reactions: Former Member
One question I have are they going to keep making the Mavic Pro 1? It is still an amazing drone that is not at all outdated. If they kept it it would allow people a large range of different choices based on price and options.

I'm thinking they will..... But Detune through the software updates.!
Amagine they drop the price $800-900
knock it down to a 2.5 mile drone from the 5 miles they claim and a true height of 450 ft
..................cR

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman