DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USA - Registration numbers to be required on exterior of aircraft soon (Feb. 23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HUH...Todd?
What part was not understood? You mentioned that you had my name and info. I point out that you _think_ you have my info. My YT channel could be named anything, does not need to be a real name. So, assuming your post is related to what we are discussing, same is true for the registration. There is no check on that info either. You thought you had my correct info. The FAA could think the same thing. Now first responders are put in harms way by the FAA.

Some of our friends acros the puddle will know this story- I know of someone in the bat research community who put an expensive bat monitoring ultrasonic recording system under a bridge in London. The police did not know what it was and their bomb disposal unit disrupted it. The owner did not put any identification marks on the outside of it. It cost about the same as a M2P.

I put my name, phone number and registration number on the top of my M2P with a sharpie pen, hoping if ever necessary, someone will return it and not destroy it.

That's standard practice, and how our security deals with threats too - mostly bags and briefcases. If it's labeled and they can find the owner then it gets resolved non-destructively. If it's not labeled it gets the full treatment.

Some of our friends acros the puddle will know this story- I know of someone in the bat research community who put an expensive bat monitoring ultrasonic recording system under a bridge in London. The police did not know what it was and their bomb disposal unit disrupted it. The owner did not put any identification marks on the outside of it. It cost about the same as a M2P.

I put my name, phone number and registration number on the top of my M2P with a sharpie pen, hoping if ever necessary, someone will return it and not destroy it.

Thats a cool story about the bat research.

What part was not understood? You mentioned that you had my name and info. I point out that you _think_ you have my info. My YT channel could be named anything, does not need to be a real name. So, assuming your post is related to what we are discussing, same is true for the registration. There is no check on that info either. You thought you had my correct info. The FAA could think the same thing. Now first responders are put in harms way by the FAA.

The part that was understood was in that message... I AM IGNORING YOU NOW..... understand that?

Thanks, I figured legible. I could print it in 2point font and it would be legible if your have good eye sight. So there is no minimum size.

That is the rule from the FAA. There is no font size. They just state that it needs to be legible.

Reactions: Tom-Air
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato