DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Use existing Galaxy S6 or buy cheap iPhone

RParker762

Reactions
I have been using my Samsung Tab A to fly my MPP but lately it seems to have connectivity issues. I was out flying over the weekend and it gave me an error that there was a controller error and the screen disconnected from the drone. I was still able to pilot it as the controller was working fine but issues have seemed to pop up shortly after doing the Super Patcher mod. ( I know it shouldn't affect the app ) but that is when the issues have started. I can closed GO4 and restart it completely and it will reconnect but that gets old and sketchy. I have an almost like new Galaxy S6 and despise iPhones and iPads. Could it possibly be the tablet is the problem or the android system? Should I get a cheap iPhone or iPad and just use that?

The SP has been known to cause issues, thats the price you pay, as you have an S6 why not just try it and see if it works better.

I too, despise Apple devices. I can't speak for the SP mod, but my Galaxy S6 works great on my MPP. However, I still use my iPad A1893 more than anything. Bought it new at Walmart for $250, and it is superfast and works better than anything else I've tried with the DJI drones. It has a big 9.7" display that makes it a dream to fly my MPP.

The SP has been known to cause issues, thats the price you pay, as you have an S6 why not just try it and see if it works better.

What evidence is there that Superpatcher might be implicated in connection problems? I have been on the lookout for discussion on this topic but so far I have not seen any. My connection problem also started when I applied Superpatcher but it has remained with me even after returning to stock firmware. My disconnect issue is a little different to the OP in that restarting Go4 does not resolve my problem. However restarting the controller always restores connection. I have a Galaxy S5 and a M1P. I am about to take delivery of an iPad Mini 4 in a desperate attempt to further troubleshoot this problem.

What evidence is there that Superpatcher might be implicated in connection problems? I

I’ve seen a few posts on the Facebook page DJI modding group, I’ve also had the app disconnect issue, only a full restart fixed the issue (restarting the app didn’t work), I use the NLD modded app, which I’ve never had before using SP

I’ve seen a few posts on the Facebook page DJI modding group, I’ve also had the app disconnect issue, only a full restart fixed the issue (restarting the app didn’t work), I use the NLD modded app, which I’ve never had before using SP

When you say “app disconnect issue” could I trouble you to consider what happens in my case and see if it is exactly what you have experienced. I can be in the middle of a flight and spontaneously the screen on my phone freezes to a grey image or goes black. “Aircraft Disconnect” message (erroneously) appears on the phone. I then shut down the controller and then restart the controller. This action causes the M1P to begin its RTH routine and then when the controller has fully reconnected I can regain control using the phone. Rebooting the phone never helps in these situations. The controller remains in full control of the aircraft right up to the point where I shut the controller down (just no image on the phone).

If SP is somehow implicated in this scenario then it is changing something that persists even after the firmware on aircraft and controller is returned to stock versions. This seems pretty unlikely, but who knows? My current thoughts are there is a slight instability in the controller USB serial port settings that can be triggered to a locked fail state either by rogue transmissions from the phone or by electrical noise within the controller itself.

I will try to track down those references on the Modding Lounge but Facebook history seems tricky to navigate.

Hey, i have exactly the same problem as Andy, which facebook group you are refering to? Some time ago i was member of a group called "dji modding lounge" but it looks like it does not exist anymore. What is the exact name of that group you are talking about?
thx W

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki