DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using ANY Third-Party Mavic Accessories VOIDS Your Warranty

CC Rider

Reactions
I just got off the chatline with a DJI support rep inquiring about which ND filters I should use on my Mavic. When I told him I had a bad experience using a third-party 6-piece ND filter set that gave me motor overload and gimbal warnings, he emphatically stressed to me that using ANY third-party non-DJI accessories VOIDS your warranty. Doesn't matter what the accessory is: props, prop guards, lift kits, batteries, etc. If you use an accessory on your Mavic Pro and DJI didn't design it and sell it to you, then your warranty becomes void. Therefore, the ONLY ND filter set that does not void your DJI warranty is DJI's own 3-piece set, which ranges from ND4 to ND 16.

I did not know this until now. Perhaps others did, but I thought I'd share this for the benefit of those who also may not be aware of this DJI policy. Personally, I will avoid doing anything that would void my DJI warranty, so I am heeding the rep's warning and getting my NDs from DJI.

Reactions: Francis Lynch
I just got off the chatline with a DJI support rep inquiring about which ND filters I should use on my Mavic. When I told him I had a bad experience using a third-party 6-piece ND filter set that gave me motor overload and gimbal warnings, he emphatically stressed to me that using ANY third-party non-DJI accessories VOIDS your warranty. Doesn't matter what the accessory is: props, prop guards, lift kits, batteries, etc. If you use an accessory on your Mavic Pro and DJI didn't design it and sell it to you, then your warranty becomes void. Therefore, the ONLY ND filter set that does not void your DJI warranty is DJI's own 3-piece set, which ranges from ND4 to ND 16.

I did not know this until now. Perhaps others did, but I thought I'd share this for the benefit of those who also may not be aware of this DJI policy. Personally, I will avoid doing anything that would void my DJI warranty, so I am heeding the rep's warning and getting my NDs from DJI.
I purchased DJI's filters because they seem to be the lightest of those available which means negligible impact on the flight and the drone.

Reactions: CC Rider
Props & batteries I can kinda understand. But ND filters?!?!? C'mon DJI - that's crazy talk

They will of course always say that, but in practice can only enforce what they know about. And they can't know you used ND filters unless you tell them.

This used to happen on automobiles. Not so much anymore. A K&N filter won't void the warranty unless they can prove the cause was the filter etc. Law stepped in. But the drone world, yeah it's to new not enough lawsuits. If they can prove you used something that wasn't theirs. You loose 100%. Probably won't catch cars. Automobiles were a bit different.

It's not crazy talk either. They don't have to give anyone a warranty. They could say f you and they'll still sell.

I doubt they'd know if you used an aftermarket filter although.

For every person that bitches and says I'll never buy again they collect 100 new customers. I deal with this daily. Not f you DJI it's f you customer. Haha. Same thing where I work. Deal with it. But again I doubt they'll know if you used them.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Kilrah
For every person that bitches and says I'll never buy again they collect 100 new customers. I deal with this daily. Not f you DJI it's f you customer. Haha. Same thing where I work. Deal with it. But again I doubt they'll know if you used them.

You've every right to your opinion but you sure as hell sound like the kind of person who likes to stand in line.

Just curious what third-party filters were you using?

They were from a photographic-based company called Neewer. I checked out them and their filters on their website and they appeared legit even though I'd never heard of them before. So I got them. The bad results were instantaneous. After I mounted the ND16 filter and powered up my Mavic, up popped the motor overload warning and gimbal errors immediately, so I quickly powered it down and removed the filter. Never took off with them or used them.

I've been looking for the proper filter set ever since, as Polar Pro's Professional filter series are not startup compliant and it just makes sense to me to use a filter that does work with the gimbal as well as possible. Some of the sets out there require too much force installing them or taking them off. I want to protect those delicate camera and gimbal workings as much as possible.

Well, I recently completed a warranty claim, and on the video I sent in of the issue, I left my taco rc filter on, and actually told them that the problem occurred with filter on and off, and no one said a Dicky bird!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: willhay555
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada