DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using DJI Care

Torque

Premium Pilot
Reactions
South of Seattle & North of Tacoma, Washington
I've been flying Drones since the P1 was released, but still not immune to a bone head move now and then.
Yesterday I spent the morning applying a new skin from Decal Girl to the MM, took it out for a test flight and just off my deck I clipped the tip of a Vine Maple branch and fell about 30 ft to the ground. Tiny chip out of one prop, but the camera and gimbal are shot. Ripped wires and broken pieces - so...
Do I need to remove the brand new skin before sending it in for repair under my DJI Care plan? I've heard that a skin will void the plan, and I've heard that it makes no difference and I can leave it on the drone when I send it tomorrow.

What is the truth here? Leave or remove?

I'd remove it, just in case DJI make a fuss about it.
Knowing DJI , they would probably use every excuse to refuse a refresh if they can.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drone Master
Hopefully you won't get a refurb, but be prepared to get one, at least you have the skin to hide any issues.

I've been flying Drones since the P1 was released, but still not immune to a bone head move now and then.
Yesterday I spent the morning applying a new skin from Decal Girl to the MM, took it out for a test flight and just off my deck I clipped the tip of a Vine Maple branch and fell about 30 ft to the ground. Tiny chip out of one prop, but the camera and gimbal are shot. Ripped wires and broken pieces - so...
Do I need to remove the brand new skin before sending it in for repair under my DJI Care plan? I've heard that a skin will void the plan, and I've heard that it makes no difference and I can leave it on the drone when I send it tomorrow.

What is the truth here? Leave or remove?
Did you think of just calling them first? Even though their English is a bit rough, they can understand you- might save you some grief. Call DJI support number from your DJI Refresh plan. I'd look up the number for you but not in a place now where I can get it.
Be sure to write down name of whom you spoke to!

I’ve been impressed with all email comms I’ve had with DJI regarding the refresh scheme. I’d email over calling, so you at least have a record of what’s been agreed.

I’ve been impressed with all email comms I’ve had with DJI regarding the refresh scheme. I’d email over calling, so you at least have a record of what’s been agreed.
DJI calls are always followed up with e-mail anyway

You can phone, email enter a repair request or chat. Refresh worked great for me when I clipped a treetop and trashed my pro platinum. They provided a shipping label and sent me a new one once received.

Yeah, I tried calling but was on hold too long. I'm a healthcare professoinal working a stretch of 12 hour shifts - so sitting on hold won't work for me until Monday.

This is a repair, not a replacement. Reading their info, cameras/gimbals damaged due to operator error will be repaired, not replaced with a refurbished drone.

I've initiated the repair and have the shipping label ready.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

When I asked about painting the Mini,their reply was it could void the warranty.
They said THEIR stickers were acceptable.

Reactions: Torque
DJI expects all add-ons be removed. They do not commit to their return ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78