DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Drone for Business(In-house)

BWong

Reactions
I am purchasing a drone for personal use. Would I have to obtain a certificate to use it for my business? The video/picture wouldn't be sold to customers but rather used as a guide for the workers. No footage would be sold.

Its the intent. The intent would be to use the drone in furtherance of your profitable business.
A Part 107 Certification would be required.
Just like if I buy a wrench for a plumbing business its a tool I can use to make money and can be written off on my taxes. I am not giving or selling the wrench to a person with a plumbing issue.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Its the intent. The intent would be to use the drone in furtherance of your profitable business.
A Part 107 Certification would be required.
Just like if I buy a wrench for a plumbing business its a tool I can use to make money and can be written off on my taxes. I am not giving or selling the wrench to a person with a plumbing issue.
Thanks for the quick response!

I am also not giving the wrench in said example to a plumbing business employee . They can use it though , but I still retain ownership.

Plus if you obtain the Part 107 Certification you can also use the Mavic for other endeavors that benefit the business beside as a training tool.
:)

Edit: may not be relevant to you as this is for the UK...

Not sure if this helps or hinders but this is on the CAA website..

"Generation of self-marketing material to display an object, event or other activity. An individual or business would not usually be considered to be conducting commercial operations if the flight is provided only for their own use. Example: A charity, educational establishment, local authority or business acquires a drone which is used (and flown by its own staff) to provide aerial imagery for incorporation into its own promotional material."

It goes against my understanding but it's in black and white? Scource....Guidance on using small drones for commercial work | UK Civil Aviation Authority

Similar in Australia
I have 100s of hours in GA aircraft where my employer paid to hire the aircraft so i could travel to remote areas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78