DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Mavic 2 Pro hand held

ajlholt

Reactions
Does anyone know if it is possible to use the Mavic 2 hand-held or mounted on a car? This would enable it to be walked through a crowd or driven through traffic.

What would be the necessary settings to make it work?

Are there any optional accessories online that would be useful?

Thanks

Yes, lots of people use their drones like that, can take props off, leave folded.
You can get hand gimbals like these, a quick Google search found these using > hand gimbal for mavic 2 pro

Thjink about comfort holding for longer periods of time, maybe the twin handle one would be better at chest height, the single handle looks awkward, wrist would be bent back a bit too much ?

Thanks. I agree that the best one would depend on how low you wanted to shoot. Are there any particular settings needed for the drone (eg disabling sensors) and can it be started up with the arms folded or should they be opened out initially with the props removed?

I'm guessing turning off all sensors would stop warnings coming up.

Yes, leave folded and of course you shoot video / photos without the motors running :)
Hence the photos on those hand holding brackets show props off and arms folded.

Usual start up after putting the bird in the bracket securely, and then removing gimbal clamp.

I don't think any of the sensors are going to be functioning if the motors aren't fired up. In fact, I don't think they start beeping about being close to ground until you take off.

The thing I'm wondering about is gimbal behavior. You can switch between Follow and FPV mode in respect to the gimbal tilting with the craft, but it might still keep level with pitch (something I would not want), so you couldn't point your camera up or down without gimbal resistance -- how does that work?

Chris

I don't think any of the sensors are going to be functioning if the motors aren't fired up. In fact, I don't think they start beeping about being close to ground until you take off.

The thing I'm wondering about is gimbal behavior. You can switch between Follow and FPV mode in respect to the gimbal tilting with the craft, but it might still keep level with pitch (something I would not want), so you couldn't point your camera up or down without gimbal resistance -- how does that work?

Chris

Probably right about sensor function.

Gimbal, not sure I've noticed the few time I've flown FPV with the goggles.
The camera moves with banking, just can't say I noticed if the pitching forward and back also lock on to drone movement.
I know what you're saying, It's hard to capture steepness of terrain etc with gimbal locked forward.

I think for good stable footage handheld, you'd need to fly Follow, or it'd be all jittery like a normal hand held camera shooting video.
You can still operate the gimbal up and down for sure :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki