DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using my Mavic Mini 1 beyond photo/video/fly around

nld09

Reactions
I used my Mavic Mini 1 to help me took down 100ft+ straight dead pine tree ?. Ok... I would not recommend doing it if you don't know what you are doing.

I used the MM1 to pull up a fishing line around a branch near top. Once that was done, I pulled a light duty rope with a fishing line. Afterward, I pulled a 3/4 inches heavy duty ropes (300ft total) up with the light duty rope. I then used a heavy duty rachet tie down to another tree (like 200ft away). I used two rachet tie down to tight it up until the pine tree lean towards that direction and I couldn't tight it up anymore. I pulled out my 16 inches gas power chained saw to take it down safety. Definitely you need all your PPE.

Save me $600 bucks... Enough to buy MM2 ?.

Last edited:
It's not a toy, it's a tool. :)

Innovating use of the MM1.

I used my Mavic Mini 1 to help me took down 100ft+ straight dead pine tree ?. Ok... I would not recommend doing it if you don't know what you are doing.

I used the MM1 to pull up a fishing line around a branch near top. Once that was done, I pulled a light duty rope with a fishing line. Afterward, I pulled a 3/4 inches heavy duty ropes (300ft total) up with the light duty rope. I then used a heavy duty rachet tie down to another tree (like 200ft away). I used two rachet tie down to tight it up until the pine tree lean towards that direction and I couldn't tight it up anymore. I pulled out my 16 inches gas power chained saw to take it down safety. Definitely you need all your PPE.

Save me $600 bucks... Enough to buy MM2 ?.
Very cool, how did you pull up the fishing line without interfering with the drone and how did you release the line?

I used a twist tie to the body of the mini to extend out the fishing line so it wouldn't interfere with props. I flied up near top of the tree, did almost 360 degree circle above a branch (to hold the fishing line), and then brought the mini back down with the fishing line.

Thanks 72evenant. It was a very simple but crucial step to safety took down the tree. With the MM1 small size and stability, it got the job done.

Reactions: 72evenant
Thanks !!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60