DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using the DJI RC with both Mini3 and Mavic 3

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
In order to use the Mini3 for a while, then the Mavic 3 for a bit, using the RC controller (with screen) with both, is it simply a matter of binding each of them prior to use? I forget that process but think it's just a long hold on the start button on the drone.

I haven't seen a firmware update to make the RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3. I would like to see DJI get it out soon.

I haven't seen a firmware update to make the RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3. I would like to see DJI get it out soon.
Mini 3 Pro V01.00.0200 1060.14MB Reportedly added the firmware for the controller to allow it to be used with the Mavic 3 but I also read that using more than 5 times results in some issue. I am trying to figure out if there is a way for me to conveniently use the RC controller that I got with my Mini 3 with the Mavic 3, going back and forth between them regularly, ie several times a day.

Mini 3 Pro V01.00.0200 1060.14MB Reportedly added the firmware for the controller to allow it to be used with the Mavic 3 but I also read that using more than 5 times results in some issue. I am trying to figure out if there is a way for me to conveniently use the RC controller that I got with my Mini 3 with the Mavic 3, going back and forth between them regularly, ie several times a day.
I was just messing around with multiple controllers. I believe the 5 times is because your drone is configured to bind to a different controller. This is a requirement for enabling DJI Care Refresh fly away coverage. I believe you must unbind from the old controller and bind to the new controller.

From DJI
"To make sure that your aircraft can enjoy the flyaway replacement service, please enter [Profile] - [Device Management] in the app to bind your DJI account with the aircraft in advance, and also to bind the remote controller. The flyaway replacement service cannot be used if the flyaway aircraft was not bound with the account and remote controller, or if the account or remote controller was unbounded before the flyaway occurred."

thanks for that. Just to clarify one could use a single controller with two drones regularly, simply binding/unbinding as needed with no issue, correct?

thanks for that. Just to clarify one could use a single controller with two drones regularly, simply binding/unbinding as needed with no issue, correct?
I'm doing that with an air 2S and Mavic 3 using an RC Pro controller. You don't need to bind and unbind but the dji fly app asks you to releoad the controller firmware whenever you switch, which takes about a minute. You do need both drones set to bind to the one controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78