DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using waypoints created on Mavic 3 Classic with a Mini 4 pro

izometric

Reactions
Is such a thing possible?

Long story short, I started a project, the return for that project turns out to be peanuts, I do not want to use the expensive Mavic 3 Classic to shoot daily waypoints shots. I am planning to purchase a Mini 4 Pro for 1/3 of the price. Will the waypoints still work on the mini 4 Pro?

Long story short, I started a project, the return for that project turns out to be peanuts, I do not want to use the expensive Mavic 3 Classic to shoot daily waypoints shots. I am planning to purchase a Mini 4 Pro for 1/3 of the price. Will the waypoints still work on the mini 4 Pro?
Both of those drones use the same method for storing waypoint missions. However, unless you use the same device to fly both of those drones (I don't think you can), you will have to transfer the mission(s) from one device to another. This procedure is outlined in the following thread:

I tried today to use the waypoints on a mini 4 pro and I get the message: maximum altitude reached, waypoints stopped.

It looks like I will have to start from scratch.

I tried today to use the waypoints on a mini 4 pro and I get the message: maximum altitude reached, waypoints stopped.
A "maximum altitude reached" message doesn't sound like it is directly related to flying a waypoint mission. That is, unless you have a waypoint altitude set higher than your maximum altitude setting in DJI Fly. So, the thing to look at are your altitudes -- the waypoint altitudes and the DJI Fly settings.

Last edited:
Waypoints were between 40 to 90 meters. Well below any limit of the area or the aircraft.

I created a new set of waypoint in more or less the same location and using the exact same take off point and it worked perfectly. Waypoints created with Mavic 3 Classic, refused to work.

I found the problem. The drone maximum height was set to 120m and I had a waypoint set to 123 m.

As soon as I increased the maximum height for the drone, the waypoints worked.

There is a very small difference between the images shot with Mavic 3 Classic (FOV 84 degrees) and Mini 4 Pro (FOV 82 degrees). But the waypoints and resulting footage are perfectly usable.

So one could use the new Flighthub 2 website and create missions online for the mavic 3 enterprise and just download them to the M4P and use them. That would be cool.

So one could use the new Flighthub 2 website and create missions online for the mavic 3 enterprise and just download them to the M4P and use them. That would be cool.

I don't see that the Mini 4P is supported... how would you download the mission?

Just put it in the waypoint folder

I was getting a similar error when transferring mavic three pro waypoint mission to a mini four pro, using different controllers, but the same iPad device. The solution for me ended up being that the global speed from the Mavic three was too high for the mini four pro. After lowering the global speed in the waypoint mission, it worked.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078