DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Utah and Arizona in the Winter

2nd2non

Reactions
Some drone footage captured during the winter in Utah and northern Arizona.

Some drone footage captured during the winter in Utah and northern Arizona.

Let me add to your plaudits! Wonderful video! Great flying, wonderful vistas, good processing and colors, great editing, good music track.

Very envious!!! Because I have just (about 2 weeks ago) canceled the same exact trip! (of course due to coronavirus).I canceled hotels in Monument Valley, Moab, and Sedona. I canceled a photo guide in Monument Valley for sunrise. I hope to reschedule it in the fall. I am in awe of your shots. Of course, constantly running through my brain while watching these shots was, "where did he shoot these from?" " Did the Navajo's allow him or did he just pull out the drone and fly?." I have spent hours researching locations for my trip, and had all sorts of plans to skirt around the regulations by flying in similar places not in parks. So any tips you might throw my way for that future trip, including actual highways and locations, would be welcomed.

Reactions: Thomas B
@2nd2non ... Echo Dale’s request on tips. This area is in my post-isolation to do list.

This was in winter so not many around. That is key.
In the case of dead horse point state park and other state parks, they allow flying in winter months with a permit. When showing it they didn’t even look just said “you’re ok”. Dead horse is right outside canyon lands, so you can get a great view (unless you’re socked in with fog!). Horseshoe forget it outside of winter due to lot of people below, but in winter took off from the highway turnoff 1/2mile down and used HQ FOV on M2P to stay outside NP boundary as shown in AirMap for POI shot. Monument was just outside of visitor center down the road a bit, but the normal staff was not there nor but a few tourist in the dead of winter.
PM me if you have other questions.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi