DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Vertical ascent to 2243 meters

I can't see anything so special about that flight except for the stupidity. Anyone living near the mountains knows the drone will take off from and easily attain that kind of altitude.

Reactions: Jbizzle
Interesting commentary.

No planes?? Wasn't that an airplane passing under you at 3:47?
There's a pair of objects that enter the field of view at about 4:10 and exit at about 4:20 and maintain their relative position to one another. They're moving left to right about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way up from the bottom. Here's a screen capture at about 4:22 showing one of them. The other was above and slightly left of this one, but I couldn't pick it out in the screen capture.

Anyone have any ideas? Two flocks of birds?

Screenshot 2021-08-17 111659.jpg

Here's an enlarged view.

larger.view.jpg

Unbelievable and stunning video, sight unseen! Have I ever ever wondered what it would be like to fly that high? You bet! But I never did and my decision has very little to do with legality. Rather, its something that transcends borders. Simply put, this type of pubescent narcissistic act — to rub shoulders with manned aircraft space a mile high —is irresponsible and reckless. In this case however, it’s all about you, one of the privileged few. Now that you have seen the world from this height, maybe you have lost that desire for the future. I know I have. I wish you well and happy… and safe… flying jemcik.

Reactions: Kentucky Ranger
Wow! Cool video. Just think, if you DID accidentally bring down an aircraft, you could provide the deceased's families with a copy of what YOU saw just before their loved ones died a horrible and totally unnecessary death.

But, that would NEVER happen. right?

There is no good reason to fly so high. Most great drone footage is shot at much lower altitudes. At that altitude it all looks the same and is a serious safety concern.

Reactions: dozzn
To be this reckless over a built up area, ensures the rest of the drone community will face even more restrictions. Lost for words when so many suffer for the few.

Not to excuse such a reckless flight, but that was a bird, not an airplane.
Better look again. Definitely an airplane. Birds do not fly in such a straight line, and....that would have had to be the largest bird in history to be that size. 'Twas an airplane, single engine, private.

I suppose that it is actually not legal.
But :)
I visit this place for more then 10 years and have never seen a plane flying right over the location. Looks like air routes are a few miles aside.
And as far as I know there is no law in Ukraine for regulation of quadcopter flights, it is in state of development right now. So only restrictions that apply - are DJI provided general limits, like max altitude 500 meters and NFZ near airports and so on.
There's always somebody that thinks he/she can do something outside the rules with little or no chance of negative consequences. Sometimes, however, it turns out these people are wrong, dead wrong, and people pay with their lives. Sometimes rules exist that people fail to see the logic behind, and people break the rules. Sometimes the consequences for such ill-informed behavior is tragic. Unfortunately, people sometimes fail to see the idiocy of their behavior until it's too late to avoid disaster. It happens every, absolutely every damned day.

I was petrified thinking that an aircraft on ascent or descent could have sucked that in and possible been in severe distress if not crashed. I'm 2-3 miles from Boston airspace (class B) and aircraft come flying by from all directions and at all altitudes... While it's interesting to see that, it scares the **** out of me that someone would do that on purpose... I'm very glad nothing bad happened

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.