DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very basic questions re prop motors

ts747

Reactions
Hi all,

So I recently sold my Phantom 3 standard and bought the Mavic - I just couldn't resist, it's an absolutely gorgeous piece of kit. I'm absolutely babying it right now (as I tend to do with my new purchases) and just have two quick questions.

The first - I noticed that the two props with the white rings both have a slight bit of give/wobble when fitted as opposed to the unmarked props. Nothing drastic, but both move ever so slightly when fitted, whereas the others don't. Is this standard?

I realise that's me being overcautious, but as I'm currently covered by the store I bought the Mavic from I'd rather deal with any issues now than later down the line through DJI. That being said, would anyone recommend getting DJI Refresh (still within my first 48 hours) or would I be better looking for insurance instead?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - happy flying all! Cheers.

yes that is all good and normal. As it happens i put on a new pair of props yesterday and they do precisely that. I swap them out every 20 hours flying as a precaution.

Reactions: ts747
yes that is all good and normal. As it happens i put on a new pair of props yesterday and they do precisely that. I swap them out every 20 hours flying as a precaution.

That's great, thanks for the response and I'll make a note to do the same! Don't want an expensive drone crashing for the sake of cheap propellers..

Just to clarify, I don't mean they swing freely (as expected), I mean if the motor is held still, the prop mounts have a little wobble but only the marked ones. Wouldn't want this being an issue a year down the line and sending a propeller flying off.

Thanks again.

Yes the movement is microscopic, you have to hold the motors very tightly to notice it.
Your clearly a person for details, good for you

Oh, buy original props, I have noticed the quality(details) on after market props is inferior.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78