DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very disappointed in Mavic Pro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Jonarbel
No, other side of phone charger will not connect into remote. It is a special connection by dji only. Not regular usb.

The USB port on the bottom of the remote is a standard USB connector. Try plugging your phone into that using the USB cable that came with your phone.

No, other side of phone charger will not connect into remote. It is a special connection by dji only. Not regular usb.

The RC has an industry standard micro USB on the side for charging or for device use and a bog standard normal USB port on the underside for device use. Im not sure where you're making this stuff up from. The connections are as standard as possible to get which is why your problem isn't actually an issue that cant be fixed in 30 seconds for a dollar or 2.

Reactions: pensioner
Once you get the proper cable you will be so amazed what the machine can and will do. It is a highly specialized machine that can give you hours of pleasure.
HAVE FUN-FLY SAFE

HA! :D

Reactions: pensioner
Not sure why people feel the need to make this guy feel any worse than he already does.

To the OP, all you need is an aftermarket phone/controller mount, and longer cable and you should be good to go. The Mavic is an amazing bird, hopefully you get your controller to play nice with your phone so you can enjoy it.

Reactions: j.r.r.
Some of the post you are referring to I just deleted .
If anyone else would like to belittle the OP go ahead but Do Know I will be issuing warnings from here out.
I'm sure he wished he had not started the way he did but is to late now . Be glad he did come here and we can tell
him correctly so he doesn't mess up or be the one That does mess up .
Please now do not let this go any further OT

OP just need to spend the money to buy the cable. Consider it the ongoing cost of a hobby. It won't be long until he feels he needs some extra accessories.
I don't think there's any hobby or activity that only requires a once-off cost. Buying an Xbox won't give you hours of fun unless you spend $$ on games. When you get bored with 1 game, you need to spend $$ to get a new game. Bicycle? Skateboard? $$ on maintenance, helmets, pads, etc.
Remember to fly safe, otherwise you'll spend money on new props and repairs. Have you bought DJI Care Refresh? Owning a drone is not a cheap hobby.

Don’t know where you live In Canada but now most grocery stores carry different kinds of cables from a buck on up.Paid $1500 for the drone and can’t afford cable get a job what you gonna do when you have to replace one battery

1. No, Best Buy do not have it. Went there, to Henry's, Sourse and more.
2. No returns here on drones and anyway i do not have remorse. I bought to use it.
3. Just LOL
just flip it off pal,this forum is 10% helpful and 90% sarcasm.

Please take the time to read the manual and watch some videos on. YouTube. If you are having this much trouble with a cable early on, I fear you are setting yourself up for an expensive disaster. You complained about the high price for a new cable so I imagine you’d take a financial hit with a crash or a flyaway. It’s an expensive device...take the time to read up and learn what it’s all about...and practice getting a feel for it before venturing far out in the real world.

Asus Zenfone 4 Max looks like a pretty good phone. Crazy good battery life.

@Unhappy Pilot : Maybe one of the mods can help you change your screen name. You will be Happy Pilot once you get sorted out. MP is simply the best all-around quad out there. -- Like Taylor said, you just need to watch some YouTube videos or how-tos and get up-to-speed. Happy flying, HAPPY PILOT!

Last edited:
i use a asus zenphone with my mav, works great, i had to get a special cord as i wanted a right angle style to eliminate the sticking out the side, the issue with the asus is the cord is upside down with regards to every other phone on the planet haha, not sure why they chose that but they did, so the factory nice short cord wont work, i bought a nice braided right angle for 6 bucks i think on amazon, now things work good

Umm, so................a 1500 buck drone and you are disappointed because you have to buy a different usb cable? I don't know about everyone else but the rate at which I gathered accessories for my Mavic was quite alarming and I only use like, 5% of them. I adopt the whole "oh you never know when I will need......" mentality. lol.

Maybe it is just me, but before I bought the Mavic, I knew I would have to buy a reverse usb cable for my HTC One (which works admirably despite being so far off DJI's radar). I did quite a bit of reading before lashing out the money it cost.

Anyway, just buy a generic cable, bang it in the bottom and flay away. I am using a Samsung S7 Edge now and I still use the bottom USB port and generic cable as it feels much less harsh on the USB port on the phone and I feel it is much quicker to setup rather than fiddling about with the DJI controller cable.

And I know you are upset, but.........your next drone will be a DJI I am afraid as there is still no competition. Sad but true.

I think that the reason he believes that it may not be a standard USB connector is because the slot for the connector is rectangular, rather than shaped like the connector itself. You just need to be careful to insert the connector with the proper orientation. I saw this mentioned in another forum. The USB slot on the RC is also rectangular.

Reactions: RFaust
It took me almost two months to buy an MP, after thoroughly researching all drones, watching hours and hours of youtube, I was also able to try out a DJI Phantom 3 Standard that my nephew had. Now had my MP for a couple of months and this drone is a beast. I am also 72 yrs young and I probably had a bigger learning curve then most. This forum has helped me the most, any questions I have, I just go to the search window and find what I am looking for. By the way, the learning curve was not so bad with all the help that here and on the web. Only problem I am having is finding the right editing software, have decided to pay a monthly fee for Lightworks Pro. Will see where that goes.

Don’t know where you live In Canada but now most grocery stores carry different kinds of cables from a buck on up...
Be careful with cheap cables. Some are charge only.

i realize that i cannot connect my Phone Asus Zenfone 4 Max

Why in the world would you use your cellphone to fly a Mavic? That's just asking for hassles and trouble. What happens if the phone rings or other apps drain the batteries during flight?
Buy a device dedicated to the Mavic (preferably Android if you want some measure of customizing and a better value), strip it of everything not involving drone control and be happy.

And that sounds like a weird phone design to me; I'd be unhappy about that.

Reactions: RLW8888
the proper reversed ahort cable will cost me $12.99 plus $7 for shipping to canada.

Boo-hoo. You said you spent around $1,000 for the Mavic, right?
You'll be better off buying a compatible device instead of using your phone.

Reactions: RLW8888
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini