DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very disappointed in Mavic Pro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should complain to the people who made your phone. Is your irregular phone on the DJI approved phone list? Doubt it. At any rate, your problem has already been solved in this forum. I don't know why DJI is to blame for your choice of cellphones, and the fix for you is easy and cheap enough. I would also expect the same issue with any drone you buy. You should change your user name to unhappy cellphone customer. Just sayin.

I just tried. Yes, I can use charging cable but ot is not looking so good with all that 3 feet wire hanging. I would rather have normal short cable that is suitable for my phone.
I am just disappointed in spending so much money and not being provided proper product.
I do not even have time to buy reversed cable now because I go on vacation tomorrow already.
It cannot be found in store, only online.

1. Best Buy will have short cords that are suitable.
2. Sounds as if you have buyers remorse, maybe it's best to return the Mavic Pro and be happy.
3. I wouldn't advise going on holiday with a brand new device such as this. It's a recipe for disaster.

If you are not satisfied, return it for a refund. Not one is forcing you to use the mavic pro. There are different types of drones out there. The mavic pro is not the only one available.

I am planing to be on forum not just to complain. I will use USB on the bottom and start making videos soon.
However it is still not fair that such expensive drone does not match all phones. My phone is not the only model that has reversed port.
And i need another $20 to buy and ship reversed cable to Canada.
Don’t you improvise ever? Wow....

Good luck unhappy in your new ventures....oh, is it easy to change a username once one is created?

I cant wait until he eventually buys a cable then tries to use DJI Go..............

.... or until he finds out he is going to need a second battery soon ($90), and ND Filters to get good video ($40+) and some type of sunshade to see his phone ($30) or an iPad Mini 4 ($250), probably a larger fast SD card ($30), landing gear or a landing pad unless he's going to hand catch all the time ($15+), plus a new bag to put all this in ($30+) plus he'll need to do firmware updates and DGI Go updates regularly, and then reset his his DJI GO settings each time there's an update, plus deal with all the NFZones in Canada...

He's going to LOVE DJI then.

This guy reminds me of Ned Beatty at the beginning of Deliverance when he's complaining about bug bites. :D

giphy.gif

1. Best Buy will have short cords that are suitable.
2. Sounds as if you have buyers remorse, maybe it's best to return the Mavic Pro and be happy.
3. I wouldn't advise going on holiday with a brand new device such as this. It's a recipe for disaster.
1. No, Best Buy do not have it. Went there, to Henry's, Sourse and more.
2. No returns here on drones and anyway i do not have remorse. I bought to use it.
3. Just LOL

I cant wait until he eventually buys a cable then tries to use DJI Go..............
i already used it with my brother phone. Everything works fine.
By the way do i need to remove that plastic dome around camera or not?

I would if I wanted good videos or pictures but Do remove the gimbal piece before you power it up .

Reactions: MAVA4

Based on this question and a few other comments, I suggest you spend some time reviewing and learning the users manual be fore you get into some serious flying./recording.

Remove the dome every time you fly. That’s not optical plastic in anyway. Video looks like crap when you leave it on. Also it appears to block the vent holes to keep the drone electronics cool.

So take it off before you fly. Period.

Reactions: MAVA4
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost