DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very disappointed in Mavic Pro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i already used it with my brother phone. Everything works fine.
By the way do i need to remove that plastic dome around camera or not?
Yes, if you don't remove it you will overload the gimbal motors and also get distorted video and pics.

If you also bothered to find out all info about Mavic pro and the phones that are supported before you buy or complain you'd see that your phone is not in the list. You are lucky that your phone even works with the Go4 app so you now have to adapt and use your phones charge lead or buy one but don't blame DJI. They can't provide for every phone available and they have listed phones they support and tried to accommodate at least 90% plus.

Reactions: Niblett
Yes, if you don't remove it you will overload the gimbal motors and also get distorted video and pics.
The DOMEor COVER, will not overload motors, or cause the Mavic to overheat. Yes, it can impair quality of the images recorded, but has no bearing or effect on the airworthiness of the Air Craft.
The CLAMP, if left on, will most certainly cause a gimbal error, possibly critically so.
Always remove the CLAMP when ready to fly, however it is up to YOU whether you wish to fly with the COVER on or off.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Id leave the cover on until you've learned how to safely operate and land it. That way if you do crash it into something or even land in grass a little too long it'll protect the gimbal. The MP gimbal is very fragile and easily the poorest engineered part on the drone.

But if you're considering walking into Best Buy to pick up a USB cable too much effort i suspect "learning to operate" will also be.

Id leave the cover on until you've learned how to safely operate and land it. That way if you do crash it into something or even land in grass a little too long it'll protect the gimbal. The MP gimbal is very fragile and easily the poorest engineered part on the drone.

But if you're considering walking into Best Buy to pick up a USB cable too much effort i suspect "learning to operate" will also be.
Good point gnirtS, I forgot that this member is a complete novice, better to leave the cover on for now.

And to all
Yes he is a novice and a new member which we all were at one time so let's please stop with the giving him grief and encourage
him as he did join to learn not get negative post that I have seen in this . Good luck OP .
dc

Once you get the proper cable you will be so amazed what the machine can and will do. It is a highly specialized machine that can give you hours of pleasure.
HAVE FUN-FLY SAFE

Reactions: Drgnfli
It’s interesting the OP sees the problem as being with his drone, rather than with his mobile phone. DJI go to great lengths to provide cables to suit most phones. In fact, maybe all phones except the one the OP uses. What are they supposed to do? Supply us all with a reverse cable in case we have one of those phones?

It may be necessary for him to spend £15 (or $15) to address the inconsistencies in his mobile phone. I’m sure it won’t break the bank.

I hope you can pass this honeymoon period and realize you can have so much fun ( untill you crash,mostly on your first day, everyone crahses) instead of getting stressed by $10 cable. Don’t you realize you are a baller and just spent $1500 for a toy? Come on bro. Forget about that stupid cable and get something reliable regarding cables. This is connection for your image transmission. Sorry for the some harsh words, i never get bother by those little things... and its not like there isnt a solution.
Hope you get that little fun thing in the air and have some fun. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back when I decided to get into the hobby of drone/quad flying I thought all I had to do is spend $1499 on a drone package and that's all I had to spend. Well, another $400 later for accessories and $799 for another DJI product like a Mavic Air and $399 for the Spark and accessories it's a costly hobby.

Once you get the proper cable you will be so amazed what the machine can and will do. It is a highly specialized machine that can give you hours of pleasure.
HAVE FUN-FLY SAFE
Yeah man you got so many other things to solve other than that cable. Like how can i get to 20,000feet? How do i fly 50+ mph. You know fun stuff :) also you should get statefarm peronal artifact policy. Usually $35 - $65 per year, no deductible, no questions asked , they will send the full amount you paid for your drone. But when you use it, they will most likely kick you outta policy so i consider this policy as my end of world type policy. I will fix everything i can ( crashed twiced replaced cable twice) but when my bird gets crushed or missing, i wont hesitate to use my policy.

I'm thinking you will have the same results with any other drone.

The Asus Zenfone 4 Max has a reverse Micro USB port on the bottom. Here are a few things you can do:

1) Buy a short reverse Micro USB cable to use in place of the cables that came with your Mavic Pro. Here are a few cables you could use:

2) Connect a Micro USB to USB cable between your phone and the USB port on the bottom of the remote controller. You can use the long Micro USB cable that came with your Mavic Pro or the cable you use to charge your phone (as long as it's not a charge-only cable). You'll need to disconnect the short cable on the left side of the remote controller before attempting to use the bottom USB port.

View attachment 41681
Hi Mike, How can you tell the difference between a data cable & a charging only cable??? Tks. Chuck

Hang in there OP, you are going to look back at your cable issue and realize how trivial it was. You do have one more annoyance that is going to upset you even more, and that is you will need to purchase some ND filters (and cleaning kit) to capture smooth video.

If/when
Go 4 works on your device, I suggest turning off auto-updating so it does not change until you want it to. Then you can relax and enjoy flying your Mavic. I have been for over a year and am still amazed how stable it is and the distance it can cover.

Reactions: bassnbeau
Hang in there OP, you are going to look

If/when
Go 4 works on your device, I suggest turning off auto-updating so it does not change until you want it to. Then you can relax and enjoy flying your Mavic. I have been for over a year and am still amazed how stable it is and the distance it can cover.
Hi, I don’t see a place In Go4 to change the update settings. Can you explain.

How can you tell the difference between a data cable & a charging only cable?
I believe charge only cables do not have these pins in the center:

main-qimg-424f5015b4a3ea4b95276af294716b69.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike