DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very disappointed in Mavic Pro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every USB charge only cable I have has all 4 pins. The 2 center pins are simply not wired to the cord.
It's probably cheaper for the companies to buy a standard USB connector but only use the pins it needs for their specific application.
SOOOOOO how can you tell the difference or you can't?? Chuck

SOOOOOO how can you tell the difference or you can't?? Chuck
Plug your device into your computer via the USB cable. If your computer recognizes the device it is a data/charge cable, if not it is charge only.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Guy's is there not a thread where a member messed up his TX because of using the wrong cable to charge his TX ? I know I saw something on it I just can't find it . Something about the center in the TX charge port being off center .

Guy's is there not a thread where a member messed up his TX because of using the wrong cable to charge his TX ? I know I saw something on it I just can't find it . Something about the center in the TX charge port being off center .
I don't recall a post like that but I have read where some lint in the USB port on a phone caused connection problems.

Reactions: dirkclod

Russ at 51Drones reported on his YouTube channel about wrecking the small USB connector on his Mavic remote by repeatedly forcing the cable in upside-down. I still don't see how you could do that without noticing it was difficult to insert, but he broke it and either sent it out for repairs or replaced the controller - can't remember.

Reactions: WAXMAN and dirkclod
Russ at 51Drones reported on his YouTube channel about wrecking the small USB connector on his Mavic remote by repeatedly forcing the cable in upside-down. I still don't see how you could do that without noticing it was difficult to insert, but he broke it and either sent it out for repairs or replaced the controller - can't remember.
OK thanks,I really thought I had seen it posted but see so much who knows .:)

I remember a post about a guy messing up his TX because he kept putting the plug in upside down.. he ended up make a mark his cable (""this side up"").

Just as an aside, I've sent in one Mavic controller for a loose charge port, no abuse or accidents -- just normal wear and tear.

I remember a post about a guy messing up his TX because he kept putting the plug in upside down.. he ended up make a mark his cable (""this side up"").

Just as an aside, I've sent in one Mavic controller for a loose charge port, no abuse or accidents -- just normal wear and tear.
That might have been it.

he broke it and either sent it out for repairs or replaced the controller - can't remember.

He couldn't find anyone to repair it due to FCC certification issues so he ended up buying a new controller.

So buy a normal USB cable like normal people do.
When I read this I said to myself "he's joking, right?" No offense, but as previously mentioned if you can't get your head around THIS small problem then send back the Mavic pro for a refund. There will be more challenges ahead. The MP is a very sophisticated drone and the learning curve can be somewhat steep (but not impossible). There are many U-tube tutorials available that explain how to "learn" your drone.

I don't recall a post like that but I have read where some lint in the USB port on a phone caused connection problems.
This is true. My old iPhone 4s gradually accumulated lint when carried in my pocket. I noticed that the charge cord was slightly angled when plugged in so decided to look at it under my microscope. Discovered that the phone receptacle had lint accumulated in the bottom to one side causing the misalignment. Carefully blew it out and that solved the problem of misconnection.

Reactions: gxmech
It’s interesting the OP sees the problem as being with his drone, rather than with his mobile phone. DJI go to great lengths to provide cables to suit most phones. In fact, maybe all phones except the one the OP uses. What are they supposed to do? Supply us all with a reverse cable in case we have one of those phones?

It may be necessary for him to spend £15 (or $15) to address the inconsistencies in his mobile phone. I’m sure it won’t break the bank.

The world is literally filed with people who buy things that don't work just to save a buck. Never ends well.

Omg stop moaning return it and get on with making paper aeroplanes

Wait until you find out you can’t really see the phone screen on bright sunny day and that you have to upgrade to an iPad mini. It’s worth every penny. The MPP is incredible. I love it.

Jonarble, an iPad mini’s screen is more visible on bright days than my iPhone 6 screen? If so, I’m buying it.

Thank you

Bill

Hello guys.
I just bought mavic pro fly more combo here in Toronto Canada.
I was so excited to start making videos, but once i assembled it i realize that i cannot connect my Phone Asus Zenfone 4 Max because it USB port is reversed and the cable is so short that no way to twist it and still have enough length. This is not the only phone that has USB port like that.
I am very disappointed spending $1500 canadian (on sale) and now what? Buy another phone just to fly my drone??? DJI could've think of that espevially for their very expensive product!
The wire that I need is nowhere to be found and even if there is, i do not see why do i have to spend more time amd money now since I already spent so much money!
My next drone I will get not DJI. I am very mad!
Dont get your panties in a twist...there are other methods

My two cents, I gave up on using my phone after the first few flights. After a bit of research within this group I purchased an Asus Iconia 7" tablet for $30 on Craigslist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird