DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very disappointed in Mavic Pro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the proper reversed ahort cable will cost me $12.99 plus $7 for shipping to canada.
What is your point? This is not a cheap hobby! You have already spent 1500 what is another 20 bucks ? Do you think that because you spent 1500 that that’s all you’re ever going to spend on this ?

Reactions: CandyMan_ZA
I think for his $1500 he expected DJI to hand build one in their factory for him to his and only his exact personalised specifications.

I would never buy a drone from any other company other than DJI. One of the motors on my MavicPro went bad. Event though I have had it for a year and a half DJI paid for the shipping both ways and replaced my entire drone for free, no questions asked. I didn't even have the insurance that they offer.

Your next complaint could possibly be that the app does not perform on your phone. Once you've solved that (search this forum), you may consider changing your username.

Maybe he should just buy a hubsan with a built in screen,problem solved?:D:D

Well. I am a Canadian now living in Australia and must say I am a bit embarrassed by this post from a fellow Canadian. I purchased a Mavic Pro Fly more combo. I then spent probably about $120 on miscellaneous accessories.(as well as $1400 on an iPad Pro) It is expected! Like jlardy1 said, it’s not a cheap hobby! If you want to play you gotta pay! Simple as that. DJI is not responsible for providing the user with every accessory required. I accept that and am happy with it as long as they provide a good quality product. Which they do. I am very satisfied with my purchase. If you are not, sell it off and find another hobby that you can deal with financially. Sorry but really that it the bottom line.

Reactions: Pietros
I just tried. Yes, I can use charging cable but ot is not looking so good with all that 3 feet wire hanging. I would rather have normal short cable that is suitable for my phone.
I am just disappointed in spending so much money and not being provided proper product.
I do not even have time to buy reversed cable now because I go on vacation tomorrow already.
It cannot be found in store, only online.
Omg coil up the slack from the cable and fly the dam drone. Honestly, the cable should be the last thing to worry about, in your case I'd be worried about the $1,500 you just wasted on something that is not for you bud lol

DJI get those cables a bit longer please, HTC M9 also has this problem, I do use the USB to micro USB now, but I don't understand either as there are a lot of phones with the usb reversed, even a 180 degree connector design? OH wait designed for iPhone..
Some users get their drones with no manuals.....

Lol. The guy is funny. We spent more money then the fly more combo. I have 6 dji batteries, 4 multistar extra batteries, chargers, antenna mod , 3d printer , and so on. I spent more then 2500 euro and you cry for 20$. :)))

Can you order the cable you need online and have it shipped to where you are going on vacation?

Its a USB cable, if you're desperate for them you dont need to go online. Pretty much every supermarket and shopping mall in the developed world sells them.
Ive got some many ones here that come free with things ive got a drawer full of them never used - i suspect most people are the same.

Come on everybody. Relax.

No one of us flies a drone since our birth. All of us passed through stages, and many of us never learned to fly a drone. There are hundreds of thousands flying machines, on trees, on roofs, in forests, in rivers, in lakes, and in the sea, and even more in Dji's laboratories, or service companies. And many of the "pilots" who crashed their precious birds, have spent thousands in drones and accessories.

I think he was waitin for a long time for his Mavic to arrive, and wanted this expensive machine to fly out-of-the-box.
And he was disappointed, because couldn't connect to his phone.

Help him if you can, and he will probably learn, as all of us did (not all, ok).

Relax.

Reactions: Jonarbel
Makes you really appreciate the great gimbal camera in the MP, doesn't it? As the airplane was yawing left, I kept thinking "altitude, watch your altitude, altitude..."
I don't think it was an MP, TX looked like phantom. I also thought he was flying rather erratically.

Wait until you find out you can’t really see the phone screen on bright sunny day and that you have to upgrade to an iPad mini. It’s worth every penny. The MPP is incredible. I love it.
Hello guys.
I just bought mavic pro fly more combo here in Toronto Canada.
I was so excited to start making videos, but once i assembled it i realize that i cannot connect my Phone Asus Zenfone 4 Max because it USB port is reversed and the cable is so short that no way to twist it and still have enough length. This is not the only phone that has USB port like that.
I am very disappointed spending $1500 canadian (on sale) and now what? Buy another phone just to fly my drone??? DJI could've think of that espevially for their very expensive product!
The wire that I need is nowhere to be found and even if there is, i do not see why do i have to spend more time amd money now since I already spent so much money!
My next drone I will get not DJI. I am very mad!
Hmmm well 2018 Drone releases so far appear to have gone the other way supplying one cable for charging only examples Autel EVO US$999. Parrot Anafi USB-C a cable now the Universal Norm.
Mega Apple Fans initially upset that the EVO doesn't have a lightning cable.
Apple as you know iPhone X USB type C ...Apple finally finally ridding themselves of the proprietary cable ... good to see.
So anyways most likely future drone manufacturers and wouldn't surprise if DJI go the same way simply use your own cable

Want the moon on a stick too? They provide you with a USB cable that works for most people. If you want to use a non standard setup you can spend $1 on another cable.

DJI are unable to provide 300 different cables of different lengths in the mavic package to satisfy all people.

This may amazing you but most shops, airports and pretty much everywhere sell USB cables.

DJI was very carefull with the BEEP BEEP BEEP ("Low Battery") not being able to adjust due to prevent law suits... as I read in some forum..
If they can't extend a few inches or redesign a cable or add the "extra length" (to fit all mobile phones with an standard connector) they might bump into a law suit if the user had their phone in a 90 degree angle ,not being able to connecting it the proper way
and oups....

Come on everybody. Relax.

No one of us flies a drone since our birth. All of us passed through stages, and many of us never learned to fly a drone. There are hundreds of thousands flying machines, on trees, on roofs, in forests, in rivers, in lakes, and in the sea, and even more in Dji's laboratories, or service companies. And many of the "pilots" who crashed their precious birds, have spent thousands in drones and accessories.

I think he was waitin for a long time for his Mavic to arrive, and wanted this expensive machine to fly out-of-the-box.

Help him if you can, and he will probably learn, as all of us did (not all, ok).

Relax.
I fly drones since a couple of weeks, i was expecting an out of the box, and my phone battery died...
I flew planes when I was younger, ironically i can't fly now, but I like anything that flies.
Some users get frustrated yes, I bought three cables, and the exact model micro USB Type A to micro USB Type B only was sold from an electronic shop in Dublin, and came from the UK the next day " its 1 meter long"... last one is perfect micro USB Type B to micro USB Type B it has those extra centimeters/inches

Hello guys.
I just bought mavic pro fly more combo here in Toronto Canada.
I was so excited to start making videos, but once i assembled it i realize that i cannot connect my Phone Asus Zenfone 4 Max because it USB port is reversed and the cable is so short that no way to twist it and still have enough length. This is not the only phone that has USB port like that.
I am very disappointed spending $1500 canadian (on sale) and now what? Buy another phone just to fly my drone??? DJI could've think of that espevially for their very expensive product!
The wire that I need is nowhere to be found and even if there is, i do not see why do i have to spend more time amd money now since I already spent so much money!
My next drone I will get not DJI. I am very mad!

IMHO, Mavic uses CUI (conformed user interface) for the orientation of the connector ports. CUI is the industry standard. Sounds like ASUS strayed from the standards, but assume they have reasons for doing so. Why not complain to ASUS since they seem to be in the minority?

Without studying all postings here, I'm still trying to figure out why he couldn't simply use his own USB charging cord he obviously already has to fly his drone and be happy? What did I miss here

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven