DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very general beginners questions

Kresho

Reactions
Hello!
I am looking for an under 249 g drone, only for photography; I am not interested into video at all! Usually I am taking photos of the trains, so the camera have to be able to catch OK photos of the more-or-less fast moving objects. For now, I think that the DJI Mini 3 Pro is the best option, but if somebody have some other ideas, great! ;)
Also, for the EU, what exactly I need for that drone? I went through some official web pages, and my impression is that I don't need anything apart from the insurance. Any additions...?

Thank you very much!
Kresho

Reactions: LoudThunder
I am looking for an under 249 g drone
Then you'll want to buy a Mini if you're going with a DJI drone. The Mini 3 is the latest version, but the Mini 2 would be an okay option too if the Mini 3 doesn't fit your budget.

...I am looking for an under 249 g drone, only for photography; I am not interested into video at all!
I agree with the previous post ... it's a DJI Mini model you should look into. Depending on your budget the Mini 3 & 2 are the newest & have the most reliable control link... the Mini (1) & SE are budget alternatives but link wise they aren't on the same page as the 3 & 2 (the 1 & SE should be able to go at least 750-1000m line of sight in low to moderate WiFi disturbance though).

Also, for the EU, what exactly I need...
Here you have info regarding what's needed in all EU countries (Official authority, regulations & drone maps) ... just scroll down a bit for Croatia.

EUROPEAN DRONE AUTHORITIES AND DRONE NO-FLY ZONES

Bonjour
Il vous faudra vous inscrire sur le site Alphatango en tant qu'exploitant de drone (obligatoire car il est muni d'une caméra) Il vous sera alors délivré un numéro personnel que vous devrez obligatoirement apposer sur le drone d'une manière visible. un questionnaire simple vous est demandé votre nom la marque, le modèle.... en gros c'est tout et c'est gratuit. sortir votre autorisation en imprimant et l'avoir sur vous en cas de contrôle.
A+patc45 bonne jounnée!

• Wow
The Mini2 takes good photos under ideal lighting conditions, but has a somewhat limited dynamic range, and the small sensor leaves a bit to be desired when you try and recover shadow/highlight detail from your RAW files. So the question is how good you need your photos to be? If quality is important, the Mini3 Pro is really where you want to be looking if you need to stay under 250g (although sensor size is still an issue, particularly compared to something like the Air2S or Mavic 3).

Bonjour
Il vous faudra vous inscrire sur le site Alphatango en tant qu'exploitant de drone (obligatoire car il est muni d'une caméra) Il vous sera alors délivré un numéro personnel que vous devrez obligatoirement apposer sur le drone d'une manière visible. un questionnaire simple vous est demandé votre nom la marque, le modèle.... en gros c'est tout et c'est gratuit. sortir votre autorisation en imprimant et l'avoir sur vous en cas de contrôle.
A+patc45 bonne jounnée!
Translated by Google Translate....

Hello

You will need to register on the Alphatango site as a drone operator (mandatory because it is equipped with a camera) You will then be issued a personal number that you must affix to the drone in a visible manner. a simple questionnaire is asked for your name, brand, model... basically that's all and it's free. take out your authorization by printing and have it on you in case of control.

A+patc45 have a nice day!

In general I would also vote for a DJI Mini 2 or 3.
But when reading "Pictures of trains" please keep in mind the EASA regulations for EU drone pilots that have to be followed in any case. E. g. it is not allowed to come closer than 100m beside railroad tracks - to keep a safety distance.
You may think now "who cares" but all of your flights will be logged and synced to some cloud services (at least this is my experience with dji), so theoretically others know what you are doing.

And simply following the current rules will avoid getting more restricted ones in future. ;-)

Just a side remark...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM