DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Viaducts along the Cherwell Valley pt.1

I like the way you have merged shots of the viaducts - works well.

Only comment is that railway lines and roads are not meant to be flown over. Clearly there were no trains, and for all I know they might be disused railways. However, there's always some self appointed drone police that will yell at you! If you are planning to use this, it might be an idea to remove the sections where you actually go over the railway lines :) Might save some bovver.

I like the way you have merged shots of the viaducts - works well.

Only comment is that railway lines and roads are not meant to be flown over. Clearly there were no trains, and for all I know they might be disused railways. However, there's always some self appointed drone police that will yell at you! If you are planning to use this, it might be an idea to remove the sections where you actually go over the railway lines :) Might save some bovver.
Thank you for your comments and advice. Now, I assumed that railways are like roads in that you can pass over them but not fly along them. In total I was probably actually OVER the lines for about a second for each time crossing. I would be grateful if someone could tell me definitively on this matter.

Reactions: Greekislandlover
Thank you for your comments and advice. Now, I assumed that railways are like roads in that you can pass over them but not fly along them. In total I was probably actually OVER the lines for about a second for each time crossing. I would be grateful if someone could tell me definitively on this matter.

I think that would be interesting too. I've always assumed not, but I generally know little about anything - just ask my wife!

• Haha
Reactions: scdronemedia
Please visit my YT channel and feel free to ‘like’ if you do and comment whether you do or don’t (if you see what I mean). Part 2 will be along soon.
Very nice! I always enjoy the Old World feel of Europe. So much history!

with a train next time please. 50m in all directions is fine. But a shot directl above is no good so side shorts are always better especially tracked ones. Double track concrete sleepers it is not disused. But you would know that. It is a very nice viaduct to be sure

I commented after the first one I saw that you did. Very nice. I like seeing the viaducts more, they are the most interesting parts. I had suggested you fly through one of the largest arches on the big bridge and I know you said you'd like to do it with a train passing over. That would be best but even if you did it without a train, flying toward those sheep, that would be a great shot. Odds are the sheep might run fearing the drone so I'd only do it once so as not to piss off the farmer too much!. Two suggestions...1) Make a short video of just the viaducts. Fly through the largest arch on one and do very close shots on either or both of them, slow down the moves, in fact maybe use Tripod mode. That could be a very nice video. 2) I noticed the long shadows.I don't know if you did this early morning or late afternoon but either way, start shooting the big viaduct when the shadows are REALLY long (very early am or very late pm and do a timelapse or slow moving hyperlapse with the drone. That could be very dramatic!

I commented after the first one I saw that you did. Very nice. I like seeing the viaducts more, they are the most interesting parts. I had suggested you fly through one of the largest arches on the big bridge and I know you said you'd like to do it with a train passing over. That would be best but even if you did it without a train, flying toward those sheep, that would be a great shot. Odds are the sheep might run fearing the drone so I'd only do it once so as not to piss off the farmer too much!. Two suggestions...1) Make a short video of just the viaducts. Fly through the largest arch on one and do very close shots on either or both of them, slow down the moves, in fact maybe use Tripod mode. That could be a very nice video. 2) I noticed the long shadows.I don't know if you did this early morning or late afternoon but either way, start shooting the big viaduct when the shadows are REALLY long (very early am or very late pm and do a timelapse or slow moving hyperlapse with the drone. That could be very dramatic!
Thank you Dave for your excellent suggestions. When I get a chance I will re-visit and try out one or two of those things. You have certainly given me some ideas and I am thinking of expanding on those. Watch this space.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi