DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video editing software for PC

YouTube streams at whatever resolution your streaming connection supports, including 4K. Your statement about only 720p is wrong.
Thanks. Maybe that's the problem. I'll look into that. So, if I uploaded a RAW video from my DJI Mavic Pro, it will play back in the same quality?

One VERY important thing about Topaz, is that you pay once and enjoy it forever. By that I mean that you never, that's right, NEVER have to pay again for any updates and improved versions of what you already own. They are the only company I know that offer their customers such a great service. All updates and improvements to the software you already own, are given to you free for as long as you own them.

I also own On1 and although they are also great, I do have to pay for updates when they come out, if I want to upgrade. They just ended their Cyber Monday special at midnight California time.
I saw that about Topaz so maybe I will start with them. I'm planning to start out with just taking photos from the M2P so more interested in photo software.

I also saw that about the cyber monday sale thing, it's still on their website but they just remind you to come back at Christmas time.

Thanks for describing your experiences with them.

Using Pinnacle Studio 22. Some versions priced under $50 . Basically works for how I use it.

I was able to post 4K video on YouTube, So wondering what limitations you were referring to ?

Thanks. Maybe that's the problem. I'll look into that. So, if I uploaded a RAW video from my DJI Mavic Pro, it will play back in the same quality?
To better understand things, it works this way... You can post what ever quality you wish on YouTube from 360 to 4K. However, YouTube wants to play back content as quickly as possible for a viewer, therefore it is YouTube who adjust the quality of play back to match the viewers download capability. That means that a 4K video streaming to someone with extremely slow internet, will be reduced to what ever the minimum quality can be in order to get the content to the viewer the fastest way.

So a slow speed internet will get video content to the viewer quickly but that 4K will be reduced down to possibly 320KB. At the same time someone with extremely fast internet service watching that same 4K video will be able to see that video just a quickly but it will stream in 4K because the speed is there to allow that video to go through.

YouTube do not like to make customers wait for content to be streamed, so they reduce the quality to get crap there quickly and allow high end stuff to get there when the internet speed of the viewer allows for it. Conversely, Vimeo will always play video content at the quality it was uploaded to their site. Unfortunately this means that someone with a very slow internet speed will have to wait ages for the entire content to download, before they can view it, or it will be shown in spurts as the content arrives. Now if another person streams that same 4K video with fast internet at the same point in time, they get to see it instantly on Vimeo, whereby the slow speed user has to wait, though at least they both receive a nice 4K quality.

I usually upload my YouTube videos to the site and let them sit in the "unlisted" section for a day or two. This gives YouTube time to process and have all resolutions available when you unlist it and goes public. If you post it immediately only the lower resolutions will be available for the first few hours (or more).YT.JPG

If you're familar with how to sail the high seas on the web, Adobe products are fantastic for video editing.
Yes they are probably the best for photo editing and for video editing, however, both have a steep learning curve. Plus you can no longer buy them and own them outright, like you once were able to and use them for ever, even if you are no longer connected to the internet. Now you must pay your monthly ransom/rent what ever you want to call it AND you must be connected to the internet for at least a part of each month so that Adobe can check on you by sending a code or something to your programme to be sure you are still paying your monthly payments.

If you are not connected to the internet and they can not send and receive back that signal, Adobe will shut off your connection to the use on your computer of what ever you are renting and you will not be able to use it, even if you have paid for it for the months in the future. So you are forced to keep an open internet connection, from what I understand.

Reactions: antmanv1
Beginner to Intermediate: Pinnacle Studio 23 ($49)
Intermediate to Advanced: DaVinci Resolve (Free)
Both have tons of how-to YT videos.
Was a big Adobe fan until they went subscription.

Reactions: antmanv1
To better understand things, it works this way... You can post what ever quality you wish on YouTube from 360 to 4K. However, YouTube wants to play back content as quickly as possible for a viewer, therefore it is YouTube who adjust the quality of play back to match the viewers download capability. That means that a 4K video streaming to someone with extremely slow internet, will be reduced to what ever the minimum quality can be in order to get the content to the viewer the fastest way.

So a slow speed internet will get video content to the viewer quickly but that 4K will be reduced down to possibly 320KB. At the same time someone with extremely fast internet service watching that same 4K video will be able to see that video just a quickly but it will stream in 4K because the speed is there to allow that video to go through.

YouTube do not like to make customers wait for content to be streamed, so they reduce the quality to get crap there quickly and allow high end stuff to get there when the internet speed of the viewer allows for it. Conversely, Vimeo will always play video content at the quality it was uploaded to their site. Unfortunately this means that someone with a very slow internet speed will have to wait ages for the entire content to download, before they can view it, or it will be shown in spurts as the content arrives. Now if another person streams that same 4K video with fast internet at the same point in time, they get to see it instantly on Vimeo, whereby the slow speed user has to wait, though at least they both receive a nice 4K quality.
Thanks. Very infomative.

Yes they are probably the best for photo editing and for video editing, however, both have a steep learning curve. Plus you can no longer buy them and own them outright, like you once were able to and use them for ever, even if you are no longer connected to the internet. Now you must pay your monthly ransom/rent what ever you want to call it AND you must be connected to the internet for at least a part of each month so that Adobe can check on you by sending a code or something to your programme to be sure you are still paying your monthly payments.

If you are not connected to the internet and they can not send and receive back that signal, Adobe will shut off your connection to the use on your computer of what ever you are renting and you will not be able to use it, even if you have paid for it for the months in the future. So you are forced to keep an open internet connection, from what I understand.

I agree. My company used to use Adobe products until they went to subscription-based pricing. They began phasing out Adobe with cheaper yet acceptable alternatives. Adobe was once the king of PDF and photo/video editing but other competitors have stepped in with affordable alternative solutions. For a good free PDF suite, I recommend PDF995. Feedback welcomed.

Reactions: Thomas B
I agree. My company used to use Adobe products until they went to subscription-based pricing. They began phasing out Adobe with cheaper yet acceptable alternatives. Adobe was once the king of PDF and photo/video editing but other competitors have stepped in with affordable alternative solutions. For a good free PDF suite, I recommend PDF995. Feedback welcomed.
For my company, the subscription model makes it easier to budget. We know that for each person with the Creative Cloud subscription, we are going to pay X amount per person, per year. This doesn't work for everyone, and it penalizes the people who don't upgrade to each new release.

For my company, the subscription model makes it easier to budget. We know that for each person with the Creative Cloud subscription, we are going to pay X amount per person, per year. This doesn't work for everyone, and it penalizes the people who don't upgrade to each new release.
When this was just starting I remember seeing some internal papers that were posted from Adobe. They we discussing how it might affect sales and customers. They understood that a lot of users were not going to be happy. The numbers were showing that about 80% of the customers were small business or individuals but they only represented about 20% of their profits. The 80% of their profits came from the other 20% that made up the rest and all that 20% were made up of large corporations who could not afford to be without Adobe.

Adobe felt that they could lose a lot of individuals and small businesses who would not be happy with a monthly ransom to pay, yet still make more money due the 20% paying them 80% of the income. They were guessing that this 20% were too big and embedded to jump ship, so they would pay what ever they were asking because they could afford it and had no other option, being such large corporations, so they were prepared to take that risk. So, it was just a money making move.

There was talk about the change being due to people always hacking the bought software and them losing money due to lost sales. When they launched the Cloud, I believe it was something like 26 minutes later that it was hacked.

When this was just starting I remember seeing some internal papers that were posted from Adobe. They we discussing how it might affect sales and customers. They understood that a lot of users were not going to be happy. The numbers were showing that about 80% of the customers were small business or individuals but they only represented about 20% of their profits. The 80% of their profits came from the other 20% that made up the rest and all that 20% were made up of large corporations who could not afford to be without Adobe.

Adobe felt that they could lose a lot of individuals and small businesses who would not be happy with a monthly ransom to pay, yet still make more money due the 20% paying them 80% of the income. They were guessing that this 20% were too big and embedded to jump ship, so they would pay what ever they were asking because they could afford it and had no other option, being such large corporations, so they were prepared to take that risk. So, it was just a money making move.

There was talk about the change being due to people always hacking the bought software and them losing money due to lost sales. When they launched the Cloud, I believe it was something like 26 minutes later that it was hacked.
Someone pirating Photoshop to crop cat pictures is something Adobe doesn't spend any time on. The person running a cracked version of Photoshop at home was never going to buy the program in the first place. People running cracked copies of Adobe software in the work place is another story altogether. If someone in your work place has cracked copies of Adobe (or any other commercial app) and a disgruntled employee turns your company in, the fines are considerable. It's much simpler for my employer to pay Adobe bill once a year (and we negotiate that bill) than risk paying massive fines.

At any rate, Adobe has a separate product line for people who just want to pay once. Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements do most of what most people need.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Someone pirating Photoshop to crop cat pictures is something Adobe doesn't spend any time on. The person running a cracked version of Photoshop at home was never going to buy the program in the first place. People running cracked copies of Adobe software in the work place is another story altogether. If someone in your work place has cracked copies of Adobe (or any other commercial app) and a disgruntled employee turns your company in, the fines are considerable. It's much simpler for my employer to pay Adobe bill once a year (and we negotiate that bill) than risk paying massive fines.

At any rate, Adobe has a separate product line for people who just want to pay once. Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements do most of what most people need.
interesting, I did not know that Adobe was open to negotiation. I never believed the reason was due to cracked copies, for them to start the rental, it was just some talk going around. Adobe have recently targeted certain markets and countries and have begun to raise their basic monthly rentals to see how these targeted market areas react. If most just accept it and carry on, they will be increasing their basic $9.99 a month fees. If there is a major cancellation then I understand they will keep pricing the same. The price increase seems to be random, with no specific market targeted, other than select regions of the basic consumer.

I remember when they started it, they were charging $49 a month then it soon dropped to $29 and then after that went down to $19.99 until they finally settled on the $9.99 for just, at the time, Photoshop. It appears that too many decided to jump ship at their higher priced attempts, so they had to keep dropping their price until they found a price point that could hold people.

interesting, I did not know that Adobe was open to negotiation. I never believed the reason was due to cracked copies, for them to start the rental, it was just some talk going around. Adobe have recently targeted certain markets and countries and have begun to raise their basic monthly rentals to see how these targeted market areas react. If most just accept it and carry on, they will be increasing their basic $9.99 a month fees. If there is a major cancellation then I understand they will keep pricing the same. The price increase seems to be random, with no specific market targeted, other than select regions of the basic consumer.

I remember when they started it, they were charging $49 a month then it soon dropped to $29 and then after that went down to $19.99 until they finally settled on the $9.99 for just, at the time, Photoshop. It appears that too many decided to jump ship at their higher priced attempts, so they had to keep dropping their price until they found a price point that could hold people.
When you buy enough copies of something, the price can usually be negotiated. I have no idea what my company pays now, I saw it a few years ago and it was probably discounted 10 to 15 percent. When I submit my annual budget to my boss, my CC subscription is just a line item each year. It's a known number and people who do budgets don't like surprises.

The software as a service model (SaS) gives the vendor a steady revenue stream. While each update to PhotoShop and the rest of the suite adds cool new features, most people would not update to each new release. So companies like Adobe start hitting the wall for new sales and find they need a steadier income stream. And, their primary market for the full CC suite is not the hobbyist, it's the commercial user. If you working for an advertising company, the cost of a Adobe subscription is not something you are going to think too much about. If you are 4 person operation that does web sites, then it's a much bigger hit to take.

While Adobe probably lost a fair number of customers, the SaS model is working for them.

Reactions: Coskier
A lot of people here recommended davinci resolve free so I shot some video today in h265 dlog m and it appears it doesn't work with the free version, so all of you recommending free da vinci are shooting video in h264? It also appears that the free version does not utilize gpu so playback and rendering will be really slow

I subscribed to Adobe CC Photoshop and Lightroom for several years, and added Premiere and AE when the put it on sale. I don't know how many more months I have to go before it returns to the full price, which is very expensive. Yet Adobe Premiere is excellent for editing, but the learning curve is steep.
If you take video on your iPhone, you will not be able to add this media to any of the Windows based video editing programs. I tried with Adobe Premiere Elements which I purchased. The only way you can add this media is by running the files though a decoder like HandBrake. If you use an OSMO Mobile 3 with an iPhone, it makes this extra step annoying. I spent a day "chatting" with the adobe support. They made me reinstall Premiere Elements after downloading, and it didn't resolve anything. Then they just disappeared. I couldn't get them to respond on the chat. So, I downloaded Davinci Resolve 16 Free version, and it has no problem handling these video files off my iPhone . Very disappointed in Adobe.

If you take video on your iPhone, you will not be able to add this media to any of the Windows based video editing programs. I tried with Adobe Premiere Elements which I purchased. The only way you can add this media is by running the files though a decoder like HandBrake. If you use an OSMO Mobile 3 with an iPhone, it makes this extra step annoying. I spent a day "chatting" with the adobe support. They made me reinstall Premiere Elements after downloading, and it didn't resolve anything. Then they just disappeared. I couldn't get them to respond on the chat. So, I downloaded Davinci Resolve 16 Free version, and it has no problem handling these video files off my iPhone . Very disappointed in Adobe.

I've never added actual iPhone video but have never had an issue with iPad screen recordings or Android 4k video. They both play nice with Adobe and the MP2 4k video. I've even used all three simultaneously in a single video. (picture on picture on picture??) LOL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne