DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video editing software

Elmsley

Reactions
Hi all, can anyone recommend video editing software, I have a mavic air and shot some videos on the MP4 setting, and tried to edit them using adobe photoshop elements, but the video playback is very jerky, the videos are fine on the windows playback. Any thoughts??..Thanks

Note/ just moved to correct section
Another note/ If you guys would report a thread in the wrong section it could be moved quicker .
Thanks .

Hi all, can anyone recommend video editing software, I have a mavic air and shot some videos on the MP4 setting, and tried to edit them using adobe photoshop elements, but the video playback is very jerky, the videos are fine on the windows playback. Any thoughts??..Thanks
the best is Adobe Premiere pro

the best is Adobe Premiere pro
No it isn't.
Glad we sorted that :)

You mean that YOU like Adobe Pemier.
According to very many other professionals"the Best" is Avid, FCPX, Resolve etc etc etc

The problem with Premier is the Adobe licensing system. For casual or occasional users a monthly subscription is not a good idea.
There is a major revolt away from Adobe by a lot of people.

I use FCPX which is Apple only. I would not recommend that route if I was starting now. Like Adobe Apple seem to have lost the plot a bit.

Resolve is free and works up to multi-person teams (on OSX, Windows and Linux) so might be a good place to start?

however rather than go through it al here try this lot.. Search results for query: editing software

Now might be a good time for the Admins to lock the thread berfore we get Yet Another long thread repeating all the other threads on what is "the best" video editing software.....

BTW iMovie (or something similar and free on a PC) is probably all that the OP needs.

It is just a pity the Admins didn't put a search function in the Forum.......

:)
Kinda of a pity some members just don't learn to work the forum .
Top right of the page . That little glass . :)

I use CyberLink power director 17, after trying others including premiere it was the easiest to learn with great results.

Try if possible several editingprograms and decide what YOU find is working the best for what you want. You might start with a free version of software, get aquainted with it, find out what the limits are and if you can live with them. If so, then live, if not, move on.

I started on windows-based systems many years ago, then switched to mac (at that time being tired of all the problems windows caused in editing) and started with the simple version of iMovie. Now I use FCXP, also because I do a lot with subtitling and that is easier there, but if I need a "quick shot" just to show something, I still use iMovie.

I've been using Cyberlink Powerdirector for several years now, up to Powerdirector 16, and found it pretty simple to learn, but with many hidden features you have to look for. Lots of tutorials on Youtube, and I'm very happy with it.
Thanks.. I will have a look

I did a search on youtube awhile ago. I found a video which explained how to edit and he said a link which was free. If I find it, I will post below.. Alternatively, get on youtube and learn ;-)
cheers

I did a search on youtube awhile ago. I found a video which explained how to edit and he said a link which was free. If I find it, I will post below.. Alternatively, get on youtube and learn ;-)
cheers
Thanks...

cheers
Back again …..
Image Composite Editor (ICE) --- 2.0
That one is a Microsoft product, free... I just downloaded it. I think its for panoramic shots.. Have you seen the Litchi app ?? You can do a 360 deg photo shoot and stitch together.. Watch this.....

Back again …..
Image Composite Editor (ICE) --- 2.0
That one is a Microsoft product, free... I just downloaded it. I think its for panoramic shots.. Have you seen the Litchi app ?? You can do a 360 deg photo shoot and stitch together.. Watch this.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas