DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Editing Software

gdich

Reactions
I have a fairly powerful PC and am reluctant to pay for Adobe premier and need something between Microsoft Photo and Davinci Resolve. I just want to make good drone videos ... your thoughts.

My laptop won't handle Davinci (I'm not bitter, it's fine!) so I just use IceCream video editor. Fairly basic but easy to get used to and does some nice things.
Gets better with each update.

Editing software is ridicuously good via a lot of free apps on smart phones, but I can't get on with them :(

I have a fairly powerful PC and am reluctant to pay for Adobe premier and need something between Microsoft Photo and Davinci Resolve. I just want to make good drone videos ... your thoughts.
For just basic things Resolve is so easy, and free. Any reason you don't want to use it? There's a couple others but it's not like they're massively simpler than Resolve.

Reactions: keio and JMagnus
For what it's worth, the Tucker Budzyn videos are made using Wondershare Filmora.

You will get numerous answers and opinions. Just like vehicles everybody will have their favorite brand.

VSDC - both a free and a licensed version - tons of tutorials on YouTube - Running it in my Windows 10 PC laptop w/o a problem
HERE is the link to their download page

Reactions: Brian I
I'm a new guy and I didn't want to buy a subscription. Several people recommended Cyberlink PowerDirector. It's full featured and very easy to learn. They do offer a subscription product but I bought PowerDirector 18 for $130.00. I produced my first video on my 8 year old PC and it worked fine. Now I have a new PC and just turned out my first 4K videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fergy
I'm a new guy and I didn't want to buy a subscription. Several people recommended Cyberlink PowerDirector. It's full featured and very easy to learn. They do offer a subscription product but I bought PowerDirector 18 for $130.00. I produced my fi8rst video on my 8 year old PC and it worked fine. Now I have a new PC and just turned out my first 4K videos.
Yes I have Power Director 17 and I am extremely happy with it, I found it very easy to learn and it produces great videos.

Reactions: Fletch01
Davinci Resolve 16.2 is the current release from BlackMagicDesign.com. there is a free version which has almost all of the features of the studio version that has a one tome fee of $250. The free version has everything you probably will need and it is very powerful. Lots of YouTube videos on its use.

I can understand your dilemma since it was exactly my problem until this year. I had a very nice Lenovo laptop and had used Adobe Premier, but felt it was woefully inadequate compared to what my friends could do with the free version of Resolve. I watched a YouTube that explained how to use less powerful or older PCs to make Resolve work. I followed the instructions to the letter, but nothing made it possible to run Resolve without a GPU.

I didn’t have the space for a big desktop. On Black Friday 2019 I decided to give my Lenovo to my wife to replace her ancient HP and bought the Microsoft Surface Book 2, which has an Nvidia GPU. This is an amazing machine that runs Resolve almost as well as a desktop. I have only seen it fall short for one feature that I wanted.

I used my downtime during the pandemic to watch some good tutorials and now feel comfortable with the basics and more of Resolve 16. That is not to say I have mastered it, but now that I have jumped it I would never go back to anything else.

DaVinci Resolve. The newest version 16.2 offers an abbreviated editor if you choose to use it. The online tutorial from Black Magic Design is logical and easily picked up by anyone willing to put in some time. As your needs become more sophisticated, this software can pretty much satisfy any post production requirement.

One more note. I have been a PowerDirector user for 6 years as well. It is not as full featured as Resolve, but it is a solid editor. I was a Premier user for a long time, but I switched to Resolve - purely to save money.

Here is a list of various video software editing programs. I also attached a PDF file, not sure if the link for that will work. When I try it it just brings me back to my computer files.

VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE

BELOW ARE LINKS TO VARIOUS VIDEO EDITING PROGRAMS​

VSDC VSDC Free Video Software: audio and video editing tools

DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 DaVinci Resolve 16 | Blackmagic Design

ADOBE PREMIERE Professional video editor | Adobe Premiere Pro

LIGHTROOM Professional video editor | Adobe Premiere Pro

POWER DIRECT PowerDirector | Best Video Editor for YouTube

WONDERSHARE FILMORA [OFFICIAL] Wondershare Filmora - Easy, Trendy and Quality Video Editing Software

KDENLIVE Kdenlive | Libre Video Editor

MOVAVI Safe Multimedia Software for Windows | Movavi

VEGAS Video editing | VEGAS

Attachments

• VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE.pdf
    59.7 KB · Views: 38
Like you, I am in a similar situation. I have Cyberlink Power Director, DaVinci Resolve, and Wondershare Filmora. So far I have been going back and forth between Power Director and Resolve. Just yesterday I updated Resole to the latest version. Not sure what they changed, but I really embraced it yesterday and quickly created my video. I am going to be working more with Resolve. It is easy and packed full of features. Not to mention it is free.

Davinci Resolve 16! Its free or you can buy the studio version for $299. The free version is extremely powerful, lots of YT videos and it will do anything you need it to most likely. I just upgraded to the Studio version this week but the free version is just fine. It comes with a pretty steep learning curve but it works just like any than other non-linear editor (Premier, Power Director, etc).

Reactions: fguthrie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi