DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video feed and recorded video both choppy. Could RC interference be the culprit

AndyA

Reactions
Today I was flying at the local RC airplane field where there were several airplanes taking off, flying, landing, etc.

At several points I noticed the video field got really choppy, sometimes lagging a second or so behind. It didn't seem to matter if the craft was 50 feet or 500 feet away. I was flying with an iPad so I turned off Wifi and Bluetooth. Didn't seem to help. Did not try airplane mode.

On the way home I stopped by another park for a quick test flight. This time the video feed was normal. So I'm thinking that there was some kind of interference from all of the nearby RC planes.

When I looked at the recorded video on my PC I was shocked. The recorded video was choppy as well (1080p/60fps). (There was nothing special I recorded, just playing around). Unfortunately I didn't record anything at the 2nd park so I don't know if the problem cleared itself up.

I can understand why RC interference could affect the video feed but I don't see how that would have anything to do with recorded video. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki