DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video freezes when recording in 4K

I just tried to fly the mini 2 on my new "Samsung 21 ultra" and it freezes on record on 4k 30fps, 25fps, But seems to be ok on 24fps. I hope there fix it on a update.

I was having this issue with my Samsung S7. When I had those issues, I had to change the Transmission Frequency. I couldn't use DUAL Band for some reason. It would lock up my screen or be very jerky. Once I changed it 2.4 or 5.8 It worked perfectly. That's my experience. Hope it helps.
Hi everyone I had the same issue and confirmed the 2 items above. the screen would freeze when recording 4k 30 fps but the recordings in the sd card will be fine. the problem is not being able to fly while recording 4k 30 fps.

and the pseudo fix where reducing setting to 4k 24FPS would fix is confirmed, however this is a minor reduction in frame rate and would coz some stutter issues when you are editing a video with anything more than 30 FPS as template.

Hope DJI fixes this too.

I am using Galaxy S21 Ultra with DJI Fly and DJI Mini 2

As someone suggested, turn of all the cache options in the DJI Fly app and this should help.
Yeah I was having the same problem but when I turn off the cache option in the dji fly app I flew yesterday evening without no problems but I will try it again and see what will happen

The issue is back with DJI Fly 1.4.2.
Also, I lost connection between controller and phone a few times during flight. Very dangerous and annoying. Looks like they managed to add one more problem, not just bring back and old "friend".

Hi,

I have a Mini 2 and
I've been experiencing lately, that video feed always freezes when trying to record on 4k30. If I have set to 4k and don't record, all is fine, I can also record and fly with 2.7k60 or any other setting, but on 4k video feed freezes even if im standing right next to my drone. The recording itself on SD card, when playing back, is fine though.

I started noticing this after I updated DJI Fly to 1.2.2, or it could be because I switched to Galaxy s21. I never had that problem on S9+

Anyone else having this issues?
It's pretty frustrating actually.

Best regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929